Fire and Ice

20 Years Ago : On Krypton 

                Kara's Pov

        Ever since Kara was a young girl, her imagination had always been her escape. Whenever things became to much to bear she'd close her eyes and think about her fantasy world. Unlike most little girls, in Kara's perfect world she wasn't a princess, she wasn't special, she was completely and absolutely ordinary in every which way. That's all she ever wanted in life, to be normal because once again, unlike most little girls her age she knew the burdens of being special and she was already as close to a princess as Krypton would ever have. Whenever she was upset as a little girl she'd go to her bed and imagine herself living in a small cabin with her mother and father, going to a normal school with other kids, and having a normal childhood without having to face the hardships of her own life. 

      That's how Kara was currently spending her time, huddled under her sheets and living in her little fantasy world. She'd never expected to be forced into an arranged marriage at all, let alone to the prince of Daxam. However,  as angry as she was at her mother and father she knew it was for the good of the people.  It had been some time since she last spoke to Mon-El. She saw him around the castle and at "family" dinners however she rarely said a word to him. Of course she greeted him when they were all together, so as not to seem impolite but besides that the last real exchange they had was the day he arrived, 4 days ago. 

     Their arrangement was to be announced to the people of Krypton in just a couple hours so she willed herself to get her head out of her fantasy world and start getting ready for the event. Saying she was terrified would be an understatement, she'd only just met Mon-El four days ago and now they'd be announcing their marriage to her people. How could she expect the citizens of Krypton to trust him and his family when she definitely didn't and she barely even knew him. She knew her people would feel betrayed and that's what scared her the most, she had their trust and she knew in a matter of a couple hours most of that trust would be shattered to pieces.

     Kara stood up taking shaky breaths. She changed into her pale pink dress that was laid out for her announcement today. After finishing her hair she took a look in the mirror and a silent tear rolled down her face. Ever since she found out about the arrangement, she's been staying strong  for her family, but mostly for herself. She couldn't let this mess destroy her and she wouldn't, she wouldn't let him hold that much power over her. She opened her bedroom door and headed down to meet Mon-El in the gardens for the rehearsal she'd been forced to attend. As she walked through the long corridors, she thought about him. Sometimes she wondered if he was going through the same thing she was but she often dismissed these thoughts quickly. She didn't know why but, Kara couldn't let herself believe that. 

     She snapped out of her thoughts when she arrived at the entrance to the gardens. She saw him sitting on a stone bench alone, it seemed no one else had arrived yet. She sighed, great... she thought. Then he turned around and their eyes met they were frozen, stares piercing each other's eyes. Hey stood up suddenly, hands in his pockets, back hunched over a bit. "Hey..." he said timidly. He sounded different, calmer, sadder, more lost. 

     "Hey..." Kara said back as she turned her back to look at the blooming flowers.

Present Day: On Earth

            Mon-El's Pov

      He lay against the cold slab of metal staring at the white ceiling, heart racing. He heard the cream of the heavy door opening and sat up quickly to see the girl with the short brown hair. She looked scared but strong, it was a look that he'd seen on Kara's beautiful face numerous times, she was always stronger than him. Then he snapped back to reality and only one thing one was on his mind. Kara! Kara! Kara! The name has been playing on a loop in his head for the past hour. He screamed to his feet and looked at the girl.

     "Is she alright?! Is Kara ok?!" He pleaded needing to know she was safe.

     "She's fine." The girl said with a slight nod, "Asleep now but she'll be fine." Mon-el closes his eyes thanking Zao for her safe recovery. For about a minute, they both stood there, neither uttering a word until she asked.

     "What did you say to her?" Her tone sounded like a mix between anger and concern. "I mean she's had these sorts of panic attacks before but," she put her hand on her head. "Never, never this bad. I mean she told me who you are... were" she corrected herself. "But how can seeing someone she loved cause that bad of a reaction." Mon-el  inwardly cringed at the word loved, it was past tense and that was surely not the way he felt about her. 

     "She's in danger," he said in a serious tone. The girl looked confused.

     "If this is some sort of threat, I swear to god I will see to it that you rot in this cell the rest of your life!" The girl raised her voice a little.

     "No! I would never hurt her, but there's someone he's coming after her, both of us and we're not safe here. She thought he was dead, so did I but he's not." He yelled back at her. 

     "Who? Who is so dangerous that they could hurt Kara?!" The girl said distraught.

     "i-i'm sorry, I can't tell you that only Kara can but I can promise you that if you keep me here neither of us is gonna last another week." He said back.

20 Years Ago : On Krypton

          Mon-el's Pov

      He may not have expected it to be easy but what came his way that first night they met was nothing like he expected. Mon-el truly believed she would've acted like a she was better than him, stuck up and snobby but she was so different. He'd been joking around trying to get a rise out of her when she snapped. She told him that they'd be latched they'd never be husband and wife, he'd never love her but it wasn't in stuck up kinda way, he knew she was hurting, just like he was if he was being truthful. 

      The next few days she did all she could to avoid him and he didn't blame her but it still hurt a little. He'd been sitting on a bench in the garden waiting for his family, and her's for the announcement rehearsal when he heard steps behind him and turned around to her sad but beautiful face. They exchanged a quick greeting, a few days ago when they met, all he could see in Kara was a burning fire and hatred but now, she could not have been more ice cold. 

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n 

     Hey guys! I'm back sooooooo I know I haven't updated in like FOREVERRRRRR and I'm sorry for that I just kinda stopped I don't know why. So I decided to update and this is kinda a filler chapter if you noticed but I'm wondering if you guys want me to continue updating this story often and finishing it. Plzzzzzz let me know cause otherwise I won't so comment down below and I'll do my best to update if you want me to!!!