Eternity

20 Years ago : On Krypton

Mon-El's POV

     No one would ever accept him. The Kryptonians, not to mention his soon to be wife, would hate him because he's a Daxamite. The Daxamites would hate him because he's betraying the planet by marrying a Kryptonian. But none of that mattered to his mother and father, he didn't matter to them. He felt as if his entire world was slowly collapsing around him. That's he felt a sharp pain on his cheek and his eyes whipped open. 

     He had been sleeping, dreaming, about his future when his mother slapped his cheek. They had arrived, he took a deep and shaky breath, they were on Krypton. Home of his disgusting Kryptonian mate and her horrible family. He looked out the window expecting to see the treacherous and hideous planet his parents had always warned him about but was taken by surprise when he saw a beautiful, futuristic, city. He shook off the thought.

     In less then an hour he was to meet his future wife and her family, he wanted to impress them to make himself seem better then them. "Mon-El! Hurry Up!" His father yelled for him to get off the ship and he did. He walked off  expecting a gravity change but it felt the same as Daxam so he began to walk through the smooth red sand. He looked up and saw a huge building covered in beautiful decorations. Mon-El had expected a huge welcome from the Kryptonians, after all his family was royalty but he was surprised when the most he got was the occasional sharp glance from a citizen going throughout their daily life.

     The guards continued to lead him in the direction of the magnificent building hovering above the city. He could only assume that it was the royal palace. He walked by a young child and her parents and it made him smile a little, it wasn't something you'd see on Daxam. The little girl pointed him out to her parents and when they caught glance of his family the parents sped up dragging the child away with them, they picked her up, whispered something in her ear and the child's smile was instantly replaced by a look of fear. 

     He stopped smiling, he let himself be vulnerable and got his heart broken by a little girl. He'd decided then and there that Krypton was no place for him to be vulnerable. He'd have to hide under a mask and could never show his true feelings. For all he knew his future wife would just play with his feelings so, he couldn't ever open up to her. He didn't think he was ready for this but he had no choice.

    They approached the palace and his guards knocked on the beautifully designed palace door. When it opened he expected to see his future wife and her parents. But when the palace doors opened he saw something he'd never seen before. 

Present Day : On Earth

Kara's POV

     Kara's heart was filled with two emotions, anger and sadness. She was angry at Mon-El for what he did. She was angry at herself for letting herself be vunrable. Most of all she was angry at the series of events leading up to this moment. But she was also sad. Sad that after all this time, she finally sees him again but it's like he's a whole nother person then the one she loved. She dreamed about him constantly and none of her family nor her friends on earth knew about him. She was sad that she felt so alone, she felt like he was the only person she could talk to. She just couldn't bring herself to speak with him.

     "Kara." She felt a hand on her shoulder and recognized her sister's soft voice. She turned around and sat down with Alex in the training room at the DEO. Kara knew that her sister would come looking for her eventually but, she didn't think it'd be this soon. She knew Alex would bombard her with questions about Mon-El. She knew she needed to talk to her but she was dreading having to relive her life on Krypton for Alex. 

     "I know this is hard for you, but I'm trying to understand. When you're ready to talk I'm ready to listen." Alex said to Kara. After she stayed silent for about a minute Alex got up and started to leave the room when the sound of her sister's voice stopped her. "His name's Mon-El. He lived on Krypton and its sister planet, Daxam." Alex looked confused at this so Kara elaborated. "He was the Prince of both planets." When her sister's confusion didn't fade she turned to face her and let out a shaky breath. "He was the prince and I was the princess." It took a minute to sink in, but once it did Alex looked shocked. "Kara....."

Mon-El's POV

     It had been a few hours since he saw her and he knew he needed to talk to her. Mon-El had been calling her name for about 10 minutes and banging on the glass of his cell when a lady wearing all black walked in. "I am agent Danvers." He didn't speak because to be honest she slightly intimated him. Instead he gave a nod to show he understood. "So you my friend, must be prince Mon-El of Daxam and...." She paused and gave a little sigh."Krypton."  

     He didn't know how she knew so much about him so he didn't respond instead he just asked one thing. "I need to speak with Kara Zor-El." He asked kindly but Alex heard a bit of a plea in his voice. Agent Danvers was about to respond when a familiar face joined them. "Kara..." Mon-El said in awe of her. The agent gave her a look but she nodded back to reassure her so she left them alone. "Hello, Mon-El...." They shared a quick glance that lasted for a split second but to Mon-El it felt like it lasted for eternity.