A Prince and His Princess

20 Years Ago : On Krypton

Kara's POV

     Kara's breathing was heavy and shaky as she stood with her eyes closed waiting nervously for the Royal family of Daxam to arrive. She wore a pristine white dress with simple patterns of white beading around the bottom which cut off just past her knees. The dress bore the symbol of her family's house, the house of El, on the chest in a pale lilac color. Weaved into her golden locks were small white flowers with hints of blue and purple in them to complement her dress. She didn't realize but her eyes looked bluer then they had ever been, her lips the color of a fresh ripe cherry and her cheeks were the perfect shade, a mix between a pale red rose and her own skin tone.

     She stood behind her parents holding both hands behind her back and looking down at the floor trying to slow her breathing. In less then a minute she would be meeting them, meeting him. The prince of Daxam, a horrible boy who did horrible things, that same horrible boy who she would marry in about a year from now and that same horrible boy who would make her life a living nightmare. She took a deep breath, she wasn't ready for this.

     She was lost in thought but, it was the sound of nearing footsteps which caused her head to shoot up and heart to start racing so fast she thought she might pass out again. She heard a hand touch the golden handle of the large door. She watched, almost in slow motion as the hand turned and was opened to reveal about twelve guards standing in a square formation around three people, the king, the queen and the..... 

     When she saw him and their eyes locked it was like time stopped around her. Everyone and everything, moving so slow, they could disappear and Kara wouldn't notice. For that time, it was like the two existed in their own world. The prince maintained eye contact with Kara until she broke away, starting to feel a little uncomfortable. Shortly after, he stopped starring as well.

     Kara watched as the twelve guards parted and the Royal family stepped out. Her mother was the first to speak as she greeted their guests. "Welcome Queen Rhea of Daxam, King Lar Gand of Daxam and" She paused and looked at Mon-El , then continued. "And of course prince Mon-El of Daxam." She finished with a smile that Kara knew wasn't genuine. Kara's father and mother and the king and queen of Daxam exchanged greetings with fake smiles and firm handshakes. 

     Then it was Kara's turn for greetings, she gave a curtsy holding the tips of her dress and bowing her head. "This is our daughter Kara." Her mother said to introduce her. "A pleasure to meet you Kara," Rhea said as she gave Kara another one of her fake smiles. "You aswell," said Kara in reply trying to sound as polite as possible. "This is our son, Mon-El Prince of Daxam." Kara stepped forward ready to greet him. He took her hand and kissed the top then let go.

     That sent a shiver down her back and for a second, she froze. She saw a smug grin spread across his face as he saw what effect the small exchange had on her. When Kara noticed his expression she quickly stepped back towards her parents and glared at him with an annoyed look in her eyes. 

     "Kara," her father got her attention. "Why don't you give Mon-El a tour of the palace while your mother and I show King Lar Gand and Queen Rhea to their bedroom." Shoot, that was just what she needed right now, to spend more time with him. She said sarcastically in her head. "Of course father," she said with a smile. With a that, she turned around and began walking to the gardens. She could hear his footsteps just behind her. 

Mon-El's POV

    The guards opened and palace door and parted ways, giving Mon-El a clear view of the royal family of Krypton. In front stood the king and queen, his soon to be parents in law. They looked quite decent, as much as he hated to admit it. Mon-El looked just pasted them trying to find her face. Her parents were good looking so he prayed to Rao that she looked at least... average. Then their eyes locked and everything changed. He saw something he'd never seen before... pure beauty. 

     All of a sudden the breath was sucked out from hislungs and for a little while, he forgot how to breathe all together. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Her golden locks fell gently on her shoulders. Her perfect lips had made him want to kiss her. Most of all, her eyes. He felt like he could stare into those eyes for days and never grow bored or tired. Her eyes were deep blue, they were... they were like comets. 

     He snapped out of his trance like state after a little while and entered back into reality. Mon-El willed himself to remember the promise he made to himself earlier. He couldn't ever open up to her or let himself fall for her, he knew he would only end up getting hurt. So he put on his act once more. After her parents introduced her, he took her soft hand and placed a gentle kiss on the top of it then lowered it down. He looked up at her proud, seeing what a small little kiss had caused for her. He wore a smug grin across his face which was returned with a annoyed and slightly threading gase back from her. Then her father asked Kara to show him to his room and Kara began to lead him away further into the palace, clearly not wanting to be there.

Present Day : Planet Earth

Kara's POV

     "Kara Please," he pleaded with her trying to get her to understand. Every word he spoke broke her heard all over again, shattering it into a million pieces. Each time a word passed by his lips, or every time their eyes met and they shared a longing look, she felt like she was losing him all over again.

     "Kara, I know your upset but please listen! Their is something you need to know...."

That got her attention.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys sorry for not updating in a long time, I've been really busy! I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!