32: Last Friday Night

CHAPTER 32

*Amy*

“Hello ladies can I have your votes please?” Me and Brook immediately turned around and saw Frank –one of the members of the student council- holding a big box that said ‘prom votes’.

The day had arrived. Today we were voting for prom king and queen. To be honest even though I knew that I was gonna win I was still a mixture between nervousness and excitement.

Normally I was the one who did that job since I was the president of the school’s council. But since I was nominated for prom queen I couldn’t. They thought that I could cheat or something.

“Sure.” Said Brook and I saw her looking up and down Frank in disgust.

I could see why.

Frank was seriously… just ew! He was a ginger but not the cute-ginger-kind of type more like Ron- weasley- kind of type. Also he had brown eyes, big glasses and wore last year's fashion. And even though he knew he didn’t attract girls he kept trying to hit on them.

It wasn’t sweet. It was just creepy.

“Here you go.” He said giving us two plain white envelopes and wiggling his eyebrows at us.

Me and Brook grabbed an envelope and turned to look at each other with disgusted faces. And then we both cracked up laughing.

“Why don’t you go hit on someone else nerd? Someone from the film club maybe.” Brook said and Frank's face fell.

“Or someone from the drama club” I continued, sharing a huge smirk with Brook. “They are all a bunch of looser geeks there. Like you.” Brook and I chuckled.

Hey this guy was totally asking for it!

“Now why don’t you give us some space and let us vote.” Said Brook waving her hand in a ‘Go away’ kind of way.

With that Frank left but not before placing on the table some envelopes for the other cheerleaders too.

“God what a weirdo!” Brook said returning to her seat.

“Totally.” I agreed.

“Here you go girls.” Brook said giving each of the girls one envelope.

When she was done she turned to look at me. “Good luck A. Let the best girl win”

“Good luck too you B.” I said and we both smiled to each other.

Even though we both knew that Brook’s smile was fake as hell. Okay mine was too, but not THAT fake.

We both opened our envelopes and took out the piece of paper that had inside. I unfold it and read:

From the Principal’s office and with the Cooperation of the school’s council we present to you this year nominees from Prom Queen and King!

YOU ONLY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE 1 PERSON FROM EACH CATEGORY. OR ELSE YOUR VOTE WON’T COUNT!

The Nominates are:

2012 PROM QUEEN:
a) Amy Blooms
b) Angelina Clark
c) Brook Davis
d) Beth Gazley
e) Lauren Slayton

2012 PROM KING:
a) Ian Anderson
b) Steve Hartley
c) Garrett Morris
d) David Smith
e) Blake Richardson

Please circle the contestant you want to win!

Without having to think about it I put in circle the number ‘a’ in the 2012 Prom Queen list.

Of course I would vote myself! Everybody does!

It wasn’t that I was worried about.
It was the next step that wasn’t easy: Voting for prom king.

I mean it didn’t really matter what I chose since I knew that the whole student body was gonna vote for Blake but still…

Prom Queen and King had to share a dance on the prom. That meant that I had to dance with Blake. Not just dance but ‘Slow’ dance. Yeah me and Blake were now friends but I think it would be awkward if we danced together. We barely touched each other. And what would Eric say about that? Won’t he feel… I don’t know weird about it?

I checked the list one more time. I had no idea who the other guys were. I mean maybe I don’t want to dance Blake but I sure as hell don’t want to dance with a stranger! The only person I knew was Steven, Eric’s friend. And I definitely wouldn’t want him to touch my ass when we were dancing. He was such a pervet!

I sighed.

Well… here goes nothing.

I took my pen and put a circle around the letter ‘e’.

Blake Richardson.