5: Last Friday Night

CHAPTER 5

*Amy*

“Are you serious?” Alie asked me in amazement as soon as we sat down on the cold grass of our school’s field.

It was lunch time and today Alie had decide to sit with me instant of her cheerleader friends. You know, since I hadn’t been to school for a week and everything.

Our topic?

Blake.

“Unfortunately… yes” I answered her not really in the mood for talking.

I was still pissed off with what Mrs. Morrison had done. I mean how dare she!? She couldn’t just mess with my life like that. It was none of her business.

“Wow” Alie remarked. “How awkward”

“You think?” I answered her sarcastically. “Ugh! Look, what am I going to do?”  I was beyond lost. 

But seriously how would you feel if your crush humiliated you in front of the whole student body and then you had to work with him for a project? What would you do huh? Well I seriously don’t know.

“What do you mean, what are you gonna do?” Alie asked looking confused “You're gonna work with him whether you like it or not!”

“Are you insane!? I can’t do that!” I practically yelled.

Didn’t she get it? I couldn’t just work with him, pretending like nothing never happened. That's just like lying to yourself.

“Why not?” she asked lost. But then her face became challenging “Are you afraid of something?”

God, this girl, I swear, she really was a pain in the butt.

I sighed. “Alie I’m not afraid of anything.” Okay, big lie. “I just think that after what happened, things are going to be awkward.”

Her face softened.

“Amy, you shouldn’t think something like that. Is not your fault that Blake treated you like this. Is his fault. If someone has to be embarrassed of something here, it’s him.”

Yeah she had a point.

But…

“Blake’s never embarrassed”

 And that was something, I couldn’t understand!

Practically all my life, I never –even once- saw Blake with pink cheeks and eyes on the floor. He always had plastered in his face that cool look of his. Sometimes I wondered: 'If the world was coming to an end and everywhere people were dying, would he still look so… cool?'

“Yeah that’s because he is a big assho-“

“Hey” I protested cutting her off. Things were getting heavy all of a sudden.

“Sorry” she apologized, grimacing slightly, for almost swearing. Not that I would be surprised if she had sworn. She swore all the time.

“Look.” She started with a sigh. “Just… don’t let him affect you. Do the assignment with him. Do you think it’s fair if you only do the job and let him hanging out with his friends? You don't deserve that Amy. It’s just not fair.”

WOW!

I seriously never had heard Alie talking like that. So serious and… right. Because everything she had just said was the truth. I couldn’t let him have fun while I was working on our assignment. That was not fair to me. And I believe that after everything that had happened, I deserve something better.