23: Last Friday Night

CHAPTER 23

*Amy*

There are a lot of difficult things I’ve done in my life.  But none of them were as difficult as it was telling my mother I had a date.

I think you all have realized so far that my mother isn’t normal. And that she is crazy. A normal mom would have probably just congratulated her daughter and asked some things about the date. Unfortunately my mom didn’t just do that.

“Oh my God I can’t believe it! My baby is going to have her first date! Oh God I’m so happy!” she exclaimed pulling me in a tight hug and knocking the breath out of me. I knew she wouldn’t listen to me that’s why I didn’t tell her to cut it the hell out. I guess I had just have to admit it that that’s my mom. And that she isn't gonna change at all.

“Okay, mom. Whatever is not such a big deal.” I said pulling off and running a hand through my messy hair. For once in my life I just wished Blake had come earlier for our assignment so he can save me from my mom.

“Oh look at her. Is not such a big deal she says! Of course it’s a big of a deal honey! It’s your first date! Do you know how happy was I when I had my first date! And why didn’t you tell me sooner? We have no time to go shopping now…” she bubbled and I pretended that I was listening to her. Even if mom and I had made a progress in our relationship that doesn’t mean that she stopped being annoying.

Ding Dong!

Well saved by the bell…!

“Okay mom, Blake is here. Go clean up or something.” I said pushing her towards the kitchen.

“Fine. You two have fun.” She said winking at me and disappearing on the kitchen.  Even if I had told her about my Eric she still liked Blake better.

Whatever!

I sighed and run a hand through my hair before walking towards the door. Well here goes nothing...

I took a deep breath and opened the door watching Blake standing there with… a tray full of cupcakes!?

“Hi.” He said smiling casually.

What was all this about!?
And did he just smile?

“Hey.” I said slowly looking the cupcakes. They were the exact ones he had thrown down yesterday.

“Oh.” He said as he watched me staring at the tray on his hands. “Um… I kind of felt bad about yesterday so here.” He said giving me the tray with the cupcakes.

“Oh thank you.” I said surprised taking the tray out of his hands.

He had bake cupcakes!For me!?
Hell what is wrong with him!?

“Um…come in.” I said not telling him that me and Alie had already made cupcakes. I mean he must have spent a whole evening making those I didn’t want to make him feel bad. Which is weird because my plan is making him feel bad and everything…

“Um…let me put this on the kitchen you go upstairs.” I said and he nodded climbing the stairs as I walked into the kitchen were my mom was washing the dishes and watching one of her gossip shows.

When she saw me enter she raised an eyebrow “Oh those are really nice. Did you girls make them?”

“No.” I said leaving them on the counter. “Blake did.” I said, my mind going crazy. Why would he make cupcakes? I mean okay he felt bad but wow! I sure as hell did not seen that coming.