Chapter 14: Death Mountain Mishaps

Start from the beginning

Aiming his bow he unleashed a few volleys of arrows at the creature, plucking away at it. Excitement shot through him when he noticed that it could barely defend itself. He was far too fast for it to even track him in the air. In the air he was diving, dodging, and skirting the ground in a fast and deadly dance. Delivering a bomb arrow to it's face he saw its eye dim and its form fell to the ground. Rushing forward with the Feathered Edge on his waist he unleashed a flurry of slashes on the creatures face. Satisfied at seeing it react to the damage it was receiving. Before delivering a stab to its eye it disappeared in a flash of blue light. Confused, Revali looked around his surroundings before he noticed its shape reforming in the air behind him. He tapped his blade on the ground while walking forward with a swagger, "Is that the best you've got? I thought an aspect of the Calamity would be far more intimidating, how disappointing... Now come! Meet your death!" 

Revali lifted into the air again and brought back out his Eagle bow. The blight shrieked and several small little floating stones appeared around him. Not wanting to chance this as some kind of defensive ability, Revali flew around him rapidly. Delivering several more arrows to its back and free arm. He wasn't able to get a shot on the eye but he knew he was wearing it down. Instead of rushing aggressively he took cover behind a far pillar and readied three more arrows. He heard an odd sound and looked to his left, seeing a floating stone beside him. It was all he could see before a bright blue light illuminated his eyes and a strong force hit him directly in the chest. Flying backwards, he rolled on the ground a few times before coming to a stop, his vision blurred.

If I stay still I'll be dead meat, I have to move! he shouted at himself. Taking off to the air again he flew fastly around the arena, noticing the blight on the opposite side. After recognizing Revali's shape in the air it raised its cannon, ready to fire another shot. The archer dove towards the ground and dodged the blue beam, laughing as he did it. It's far too slow, I've got it right where I want it! He triumphantly exclaimed. So caught up in dodging the beam, he neglected to look ahead. Turning his head forwards he saw a floating stone in front of him. The blue ray shot all around the air before striking the stone sending the beam straight into him, BOOM!

This time it hurt even worse and the shock threw him off course. He struck a stone pillar and felt  a few cracks in his chest. At least one or two of his ribs were broken and he was feeling a sharp pain in his back. Knowing that he had to keep moving, he took off again. His flight wavered in the air as he readied his bow to fire at the blight. It gazed at him with its unblinking eye before firing a beam to its left. Revali tried to follow its movements but it was too fast, zigzagging between pillars. He never even saw the stone beneath him before the beam shot up through the air and hit him in the stomach. Flying across the room the blow whacked his head against the wall of the arena. Revali tried to move his wings desperately but couldn't even grasp his bow, it was gone. If he had to guess, it must've fallen off of Medoh after he was struck. Not that it would help, he was a sitting duck out in the open. Bile hit his tongue after hearing the dull thrumming getting closer and closer; until the blight was directly in front of him. It tilted its head as if it was curious, before pointing its cannon towards Revali. 

"So, this is how it's going to end. Eh? Well, I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of watching me squirm," he spat a bit of blood out of his beak. 

"I... am Revali. Rito of Legend and Champion of Vah Medoh," still clutching his side he rose up ever so slightly. 

"I will not go quietly into the night. Come on now and get on with. Do it already! COME ON!" With one final breath, he shouted at the top of his lungs in defiance before bright light covered his entire being. Black wisps slowly started to envelop his vision, swallowing his eyes completely. Right before drifting away, he saw a bright green light appear on the terminal. Then, all was silent.