Chapter XV - Who Saved Who?

╣╠

"I just feel crushed without you

I've been strong for so long

That I never thought how much I needed you

I think I'm lost without you."

Lost Without You

Freya Ridings

╣╠

Chapter XV - Who Saved Who?

╣╠

"Susan!" I shout, running through the woods wildly after the call of her horn from the west side of camp, where the river met the trees

I travel as fast as my legs would take me, searching the area for my sister. I heard multiple screams and soon found not just Susan, but Lucy as well. They were both hanging in a tree to avoid grey wolves. The wolves circled at the base of the tree, looking at my sisters like their next meal. I didn't hesitate to pull out my sword and point it down at the creatures. The wolves take notice and turn the fight away from my sisters to me.

"Come on, we have already been through this before," The same alpha wolf from the river snarls, "We both know you don't have it in you."

A part of me broke, revealing the doubt that I held deep inside. I swallowed hard, knowing I may not be what everyone wants from me. After all, I am just a kid that fell through a wardrobe as Ashton said.

"Peter!" Susan cries out from the tree, "Watch out!"

A shock does through my system, pushing the doubt out of mind, knowing had to protect my sisters. I will protect them against anything, even if its the last thing I do. I keep my eye on the second wolf that Susan was warning me about as he slyly rounds behind me. I could feel my heart beating fast as a switch my eyes back and forth between the animals.

Suddenly, Aslan's roar came from the trees and he took the second wolf down himself. Oreius comes in riding tall with his sword in hand, ready to take out the alpha wolf.

"No! Stay your weapons. This is Peter's battle." He orders out to the group of Narnian creatures primed for an attack behind him.

They all settle in his orders, holding back by staying alert by not in full attack mode.

Realizing I will be battling the wolf in front of me makes my nerves officially kick in. I hold my sword as strong as possible trying to show no fear for the sake of the crowd watching and the terrifying animal about to make his greatest efforts to kill me and my family.