Chapter XIII - Since You've Been Gone

╣╠

"When the leader of the bad guys sang

Something soft and soaked in pain

I heard the echo from his secret hideaway."

The Judge

Twenty One Pilots

╣╠

Chapter XIII - Since You've Been Gone

╣╠

The past month I've only been able to think of two things; my siblings and the mess I caused them

The past month I've only been able to think of two things; my siblings and the mess I caused them. I have grown only to dread this so-called queen, officially agreeing to her common name of the White Witch. Of course, if one of her loyal subjects heard me utter those two words in the same sentence, another bruise would be added to my body, or worse.

Being the witches personal lap dog has given me time to think of that day over and over again. Understanding every mistake I made along the way. Realizing just how I underappreciated everything. I never took a second to appreciate everything I had until it was gone. I tried to avoid imagining growing up, only knowing these ways and this life. But I ended up thinking of it, because there was someone that did. Even now I rethink the conversation I had with the girl called princess. Every reaction she had, every remark. I remember thinking the girl was heartless but I realize now that I am the heartless one. I can't even seem to remember the poor girl's name. I was so focused on myself and what I wanted that I couldn't even get her name. And I had not seen the problem in marrying her for kingship. What kind of person am I?

I try to avoid thinking about how disappointed my mother would be. For turning on my siblings, for betrothing an unknown girl, and everything in between. For everything I've done since I left England.

This could be the world's karma for being so self-serving. Maybe I deserve this, being forced to travel around the hundreds of kilometers of Narnia with the witch. It was hard to keep any type of faith or morals while surrounded by evil.

I was in the center of all this evil, by the side of the witch as we travel across the country, hunting the queen's false-hearted citizens.

A pack of wolves emerges from the forest. The largest one. I believe his name is Maugrim, clamps red fox. His fur stood out against the dark grey of the wolves coats.

"Your Majesty. We found the traitor." Maugrim announces, throwing the weak fox down, "He was rallying your enemies near the Shuddering Woods."

"Ah. Nice of you to drop in." The White Witch spits sarcastically, "You were so helpful to my wolves nights ago. Perhaps you can help me now."