Back

"Here we are sweetie." Hiram said stopping the car in front of the school.

"If you need something, just give us a call and we will tell to anyone in the meeting with us screw themselves and we come here to pick you up, kay?" Leroy said and I genuinely smiled a little, I missed having my crazy dads around.

"Kay, but I'll be fine." I said and grab my white backpack and get off the car and wave goodbye to my dads and watch they leave, when their car were out of my sight I turn around facing the school. It's barely a week since I'm gone, but it feels like ages.

"Nervous, hun?" I heard a familiar voice saying and I turn around and see Finn standing there and I simply nod. "You shouldn't be, everyone inside thinks that you're so fucking strong and you are. The whole glee club is here for you if you need someone." Finn said and I small smiled.

"Thank you, Finn." I said and take my sight out of him and stare the school again.

"I can come in with you if you want to." He said and I look at him surprised, I didn't thought he would be that nice with me since I pushed him away instead of telling him everything.

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Really, this way you can avoid the whispers and the stares, you can focus on me." He said with a supportive half smile.

"That would be great, thank you Finn, I really appreciate your help." I said and he smiled again.

"You're welcome." He said with a small smiled and then both of us walk in the school together and like he said, everyone is staring and whispering, a few people smiled to me and I nod with a small smile in response.

"Just relax, we're almost in your locker." He said and I swallow.

"I'm just not used with so much attention." I said shrugging.

"I always pay attention on you." Finn said, yeah right (ironic tone). "I just never payed attention on Jesse." He said and I sighed.

"Can we not say this name right now?" I said to him with a sad but desperate voice.

"It's okay, you don't need to tell me anything that you don't want to, but I'm just going to say that you're stuck with me the whole day." He said and I small smiled.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Cause it really seems that you need someone and you're my best friend, so you're stuck with me." Finn said with a half smile and I smirk, he is such a lovely person, I wish Jesse were like him, everything would be way better. Finn is a great person, I know that he can't hurt a mosquito, he has such a great heart.

"Fine." I said and he giggle, wow, I never realized how much I missed having him as my best friend, as tough I would love having him as more than a best friend, I don't want to date anyone now, I'm traumatized.

We reach into class and fun fact, Finn and I have this class together, so he sit next to me. While Mrs.Stone were explaining something about biology, I couldn't pay attention in a word.

I only could think about Jesse, what is he doing right now? Or think about when I "saw" him outside the hospital, it felt real. I can't stop thinking about the day I met Jesse, it would be different if I weren't in that library?

"Lionel Richie hun? One of my favorites." A male voice said and I lift my face out of the songbook and see a curled haired boy, with beautiful green eyes, I know him.

"Oh my God, you're Jesse St. James. You're in Vocal Adrenaline." I said amazed by te boy in front of me.

"And you're Rachel Berry. I saw you perform at Sectionals. Your rendition of 'Don't Rain on My Parade' was flawed. You totally lacked Barbra's emotional depth. But... you're talented" He said and I don't really know if this is a compliment or an offense.

"Thank you?" I said a little confused and he give me a smile, he has such a gorgeous smile. As tough I'm in love with Finn, my best friend, since I met him, I think is the perfect time to move on, I mean, he can be a little arrogant but Jesse seems amazing.

"Cmon, let's sing." He said and grab my hand and we go yo the piano.

"Here? Now? I'm a little nervous." I said and he sighed and small smiled.

"I remember when I used to get nervous, cmon Rachel, it will be fun." Jesse said and I smiled to him and he started to play.

"Rachel, hey Rachel, Earth to Rachel." Finn said clicking his fingers in front my face.

"Hun?" I asked confused cause I was really into this memory with Jesse, gosh I hate him.

"Class is over, you spaced out so didn't even heard. You're okay?" Finn asked me and I slowly nod.

"Yeah, I'm great, I will just go to my math class." I said standing up from the desk, I know Finn didn't buy it when I say I was great, but he knows me so well that he just shrug.

"Oh, okay. I have English now, so I see you at fourth period at French class then lunch?" Finn asked and I nod then we leave the class.