Chapter 16

Hansol's POV

"Get in." Hyena didn't object, she right away let me in without asking much after I knocked on her door.

"Ena yah, why you didn't join us having dinner?" I approached her. She just sat on her bed while staring at her phone.

"Oh Sol? Mom ask you to call me here, uh? Don't worry, I'm seriously fine. I'm just..still waiting for someone's message." She answered, still didn't get her eyes off of her phone.

"Are you sure?" I took a seat beside her.

"Hansol ah, why I still didn't get any message..." She mumbled.

"Pardon me?"

"Em nothing." She put down her phone and just laughed. "I wanna go to toilet first. Just wait for me downstairs." She then walked out of her room.

I took a look at her phone. So she's waiting for Minghao's message?

Siyeon's POV

"Okay class, since exam is around the corner..I think you all know what you have to do, right?" After all the mess that happened yesterday, today should be a good day welcoming me but I'm so not in the right mood huh..

"Everyone, the self study class will be change. You have to work in pairs on your study. I hope everyone can make an improvement especially in English. I've paired everyone up so listen carefully okay." The teacher wrote every pair names on the board.

I'll work with Hansol? Hyena's childhood friend, man?

"Teacher, can I object?" Everyone's eyes were focused on the owner of that voice. "I wanna change my partner."

Minghao? Wait, what?

I checked on the board and he was paired up with Hyena. Isn't Hyena the girl he likes? Why would he object it?

"Yes Minghao, what's with pairing up with Hyena?" The teacher questioned.

Hyena and I looked at each other. I gave a confused look which she knew that I was questioning why. "I don't know." She mumbled.

"Can I change partner with Soonyoung?" He was clearly asking to pair up with Jane. What kind of plot twist is this?!

"Oh sure, only if Jane, Soonyoung and Hyena are okay with that idea then I'll change it." The teacher said.

"I'm okay, and I think Jane is fine having anyone as her partner." Soonyoung spoke.

Hyena yah, stay strong my girl..

Hyena seemed to be quite speechless. She was spaced out for a minute. I noticed that she slowly took a glance at Minghao even Minghao didn't look back.

"I'm..okay with that too.." She slowly said, smiling.

"Okay then so no other objections, right? Until the upcoming exam, please sit with your partner." The teacher left after giving the last command.

Hyena moved to behind me since Soonyoung's place is behind my deskmate's.

I turned back to her. "What happened, dude?"

"I don't know anymore. He seems to be avoiding me lately." She sighed. I patted her shoulder which is telling her to just remain calm first.

Hyena's POV

The bell rang for self study class period. Me and my girls decided to study in library. Since there should be four groups in one table, one group more can fit it. "Can we start now?" Inha asked. I didn't reply but nodded instead.

"Wait!" Soonyoung middle in. "Jane, Minghao, come join us here!" Aish this guy..why did he asked them to join us?

Jane and Minghao took the seats in front of me and Soonyoung. Just as the study group started, I noticed that Minghao looks quite uncomfortable. Perhaps he couldn't figure out the answer..

"Ming-" I was about to call him until Jane suddenly stood up and bow a little to me.

"Hyena, do you know this answer?" Jane accidentally pushed my drink bottle and it spilled on my uniform and skirt. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry, Hyena.." She tried to help me.

"No, no..it's okay." I backed off before her hand could touch my skirt. I'm hella soaking wet here!

"Ena, here." Hansol took off his coat and put it on me. "Siyeon, can you accompany her to toilet?" Inha and Siyeon then followed me.

Siyeon washed her hands and then slammed them on the sink. "I know it! She just want to have some time alone with Minghao. That's why she spill the water on you." She madly gave out such statement.

"Siyeon, don't say like that. She has apologized to me and she said that she didn't mean to. Anyway, I don't think that she has something that we need to argue about. We're just fine." I was stopped for a moment.

"Hyena, what Siyeon said is right. We don't know if she's planning something behind you. She can do anything, Hyena. Because the person she likes fall for another girl." Inha added.

"Hmm, I've never think of such things. Shes a good classmate to me. Siyeon, Inha, let's just stop talking about this first. Let's get back to library." I smiled and went out of toilet.

As I arrived at library, once I stepped in, I saw Hansol who was being held by Joshua and Minghao by Soonyoung while Jane was hiding behind Minghao.

"Repeat what you said just now!" Hansol yelled. He seemed to be looking at Jane instead of Minghao who was standing right in front of him. Honestly this is the first time I've seen him so mad. What actually had happened here?

"Why are you defending her? I thought you like Hyena you know, yet you don't care of what Jane said earlier. And you're even defending her! What the hell do you actually want? Wait, are you a playboy?" Hansol threw those hitting words to Minghao.

"That girl..she doesn't suit me. You can take her all you want to." I was just..how unexpectedly to hear Minghao himself said so. He doesn't like me? Was it a fake feeling?

I..didn't know anymore. I didn't know what hurts more, pretending to be fine or facing the test myself. I dropped my hairpin which made them all noticed my existance here.

All eyes were on me. While me here with tears slowly rolling down, I took steps backward. I did an eye contact with Minghao and there was no emotion in his eyes.

"I..Hyena yah, I don't want you to be my victim anymore. Can we be more than that? You know..do you mind being my girlfriend?"

Have you forgotten the words you once said to me? Have you forgotten how many things have we experience together? You remember nothing..

I wiped off my tears and ran away, leaving the library. I couldn't help but non stoply shedding tears.

"Hyena!" Hansol chased me out. The person I hope would be comforting me now, he didn't care anymore.

It's just me with my feeling since at first.