Part 14- Surprise!

Previously:

"Now, go back to your camp" Dec instructed. "There's a surprise install for you all later"

With that, I left.

I couldn't wait to hear what the surprise was!

---------

Harper's POV

Joe, Liza and I were all lying on our mats, bathing in the sun whilst we were waiting for Jack to get back from the trial. I was so eager to be told how he did. Any of amount of stars would've meant he'd done well because then he would've still given the trial a go.

"How many stars do you think he'll come back with?" I asked them.

"Maybe seven at least" Joe said.

"Yeah same" Liza said.

"Yeah i'd say seven or higher" I replied. "He always gives stuff a go"

"I'm dreading when the time comes me for me to do a trial" Liza laughed.

"Same" Joe laughed.

"I'm kinda mixed about it" I said. "Like of course i'd be nervous but it's also part of the whole experience. I wanna make sure I have a go at everything the experience has to offer"

"Yeah, I get what you mean" Joe said.

"Still, I don't fancy doing one" Liza said and we all laughed.

****

The three of us were just finishing trying our best to tidy up the camp and make it look the slightest bit like home when I heard a rustle of bushes. I turned around to see Jack walking into the camp.

"Hey guys" he said, walking through.

I had to say, although Jack and I were standing a good distance a part, the stench that came off him was revolting. He had green goo that looked like slime and a selection of bits and pieces which seemed to come off creatures.

"How many stars did you get?" Liza asked.

"Eight" he smiled, showing a slight proud smirk.

We all jumped up and down and cheered for him.

What could I say? Jack got us our only chance of a proper meal for the day. We were so grateful and so proud of him.

After getting a shower from the trial left on his body, Jack walked into camp. I saw he had a laminat in his hand.

"This must be what they meant by a surprise" he said.

We all sat up and listened attentively.

"Campmates" he read. "Congratulations! Tomorrow your time in snake rock will be over!"

End of part 14

A/N:

Hope you all liked the part! Sorry this is quite a short one. I just wanted you to know what the surprise was just in a separate part. Well, until next time!

Rachel x