Part 11- The best was yet to come

Previously:

"Well you'll be seeing them in a few days" Dec said. "But for now, go get acquainted to crock creek and enjoy it"

"Thank you" I smiled and I left.

I just hoped the red team would accept me.

--------

Harper's POV

Liza and I decided to try the shower for the first time whilst Zoe was at her trial. We got into our swimming costumes, got our towels and began walking up to the shower. I was so nervous. I knew for a fact the water wouldn't be hot or even lukewarm. It was going to be freezing; I just knew it.

We reached the top of the shower and put our towels down.

"Right um, who first?" I asked, unsure.

"Oh god I really don't know" she laughed, nervously.

"Together?" I asked.

"Together" she repeated, nodding.

We stepped under the water and immediately both screamed.

"So cold!" I screamed.

"So freaking cold!" Liza screamed and panted.

We got done as quick as we could, hating every minute of it. As soon as we finished, we wrapped our towels around ourselves and quickly escaped the shower, running back into the camp. Joe and Jack looked at us confused.

"What happened?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, we heard screaming" Joe added.

"The water is cold" Liza shivered. "The shower is cold"

"Freezing cold" I shivered.

Joe and Jack laughed at us.

"It's not funny" I whined.

"Kinda is" Jack laughed.

****

Liza and I were in the middle of sunbathing, warming up after the coldness of our shower, when Joe walked into the camp with a laminat.

"Guys" he said, getting our attention.

We all looked up at him.

"Campmates" Joe read. "Zoe achieved nine stars in today's trial, Viper pit"

We cheered.

"But" Joe read. "She shall not be returning back to Snake Rock, she will be going to Crock creek. The first five stars automatically were given to Crock Creek as they won the final challenge, plus an extra one for Zoe. Therefore, you will be receiving three stars, three meals for camp"

"So Zoe's gone?" Liza asked.

"Yeah" I sighed. "But if she's already gone to Crock creek, that means we must be joining her soon in the new camp with the others, that's a good thing"

"Yeah, Harper's right" Jack said. "It won't be long before we go too"

"Yeah, we have that to look forward to" I said, smiling.

****

As we were all relaxing on our mats after doing all the jobs that needed doing, I saw a hanging basket slowly being lured down into the camp.

"Guys, there's a basket coming down" I said and everything sat up.

I got up and unclipped the basket from the rope. I opened it to see a laminat. I looked at it.

"Campmates, as of Zoe winning nine stars in today's trial, Viper pit, you all have quails egg, with assorted greens"

"What's a quail?" Jack asked.

"A bird" Joe laughed.

"Um we could maybe make an omelette out of it" I suggested.

"Yeah" Liza said. "I'll help you"

Liza and I began to make dinner for our camp. It was quite stressful making dinner to be honest; the camp doesn't get much food so I needed to make sure not to mess it up.

"I didn't even know I could really cook" I laughed, pouring the egg mixture into the pan. "Like, I knew the basics but I never thought i'd be the one cooking"

"Well you've done a good job so far" Jack smiled.

"Yeah and if you ever want to stop I'll take over" Joe said.

"I like being your assistant" Liza said and we all laughed.

I finished making the omelette, served it up and we all sat together round the fire. The taste of it was surprisingly nice for us having no salt or herbs and spices to season it with. It was a lot tastier than rice and beans.

After we'd finished, Liza put all the dishes to one side to be washed the next day when it was light. We all decided to just chat about random things and get to know each other a bit more.

"So, we know Joe has a sister because Zoe's actually here" Liza said. "What about everyone else?"

"I have one older brother and a younger sister" Jack said. "Conor and Anna"

"I just have Zoe" Joe said.

"I have two older sisters, Olivia and Rachel" Liza said. "What about you Harper?"

"I'm an only child" I smiled.

"Oooo what's it like?" Jack smirked. "Bet it can be amazing, especially growing up"

"A lot of people think that" I said. "But it's not that good really. It gets lonely. Say growing up, even though you'd all argue with your siblings you'd still have them to play with and talk to. I was sort of on my own in that way"

"Awww i'll be your sister" Liza laughed and pulled me into her.

"Why thank you" I laughed.

We all talked and shared stories for a little while longer before heading to bed.

"Night guys" I said.

"Night" they all replied in unison.

I just had to remember, the best was yet to come.

End of part 11

A/N:

Hope you liked the part and I love you all with every fibre of my being! Well, until next time!

Rachel x