[1]

Time: 20:37 pm
Date: 10/28/19
Location: Avengers Base, New York, United States of America
POV: Anthony (Tony) Stark/Iron Man

Fury was furious. No pun intended. Seriously, how do people get so upset at nothing? Well, it wasn't nothing.

"Stark, you have something you would like to say about this?" Fury asked.

"Well, I clocked out 30 minutes ago, so I don't even know what's going on." I said.

Fury sighed and slammed a file down in front of me as Barton sniggered and Nat sighed. I grabbed the file and looked at the pictures. I was disgusted. There was a man, whose side was covered in blood, with a knife sticking out of said bloody side. There was also a strange burn mark around the cut, like the knife had been burning hot when it was shoved in.

"Well, it looks like our friend here got into a scrape with a knife and a torch." I said, trying not to sass too much.

That's what we thought too," the NYPD officer said. What was her name again? Wasn't it Lacy? "Until the autopsy report came in. That's why I'm here. The knife blade was 2 inches long. And there is no evidence of the knife being heated up before the attack, and the lack of burning clothes on the body means that the burn was not caused afterwards. It's too recent to be a past injury, but there is no way that this is an older scar from a past tragedy."

"Thank you Detective Carlel. We will update NYPD if we find anything connected to this case." Steve said. Always so patriotic. Always so..........so righteous.

"One more thing. The blade that was used is made from a shard of a past relic that was silver. The edges are too rough to be a proper knife. This is most likely a hate crime. It looks like the attacker decided to kill Mr. Black randomly." Detective Carlel said. Hot and smart. I like her. But I'm not into her. But still, hot. No. No. Stop thinking that. Piper and I are happily engaged and nothing will change that.

Well they do say old habits die hard.

Once Detective Lucy had left, the complaints came.

"Why do we have to do this?"

"This is NYPD's problem, NOT the Avengers!"

"Anyone else think that it's a bad idea to take this case?"

Layers upon layers of people talking over each other. Getting louder and louder until Romanov had enough.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Nat screamed at the top of her voice.

Needless to say we shut up. Fast. Never get involved in an angry Natasha Romanov session. You're screwed and we had all learned that at one point or another.

"Thank you. Fury, you were saying?" She said in a much calmer voice.

"Thank you Agent Romanov. Something about this case seemed off to NYPD so they sent it to us." Fury said.

"Mythological intel?" Bruce asked.

"Mrs. Chase and Mr. Jackson are in California along with Mrs. Levesque, Mr. Zhang, Mr. Grace, and Mrs. McLean. Thalia and Reyna are off of the grid right now, Tyson is busy with the army, and Mr. Solace and Mr. Di Angelo are on their way over and should be here any minute now." Jarvis said.

Low and behold, the two burst through the door no more than 30 seconds later, Nico bring propped up by Will.

"Hey guys," Will said. "Let me take care of Neeks and then we'll talk."

I chuckled. Although it had been 3 months since we last saw them, Will was still the doctor he was before and Nico, the unhappy, happy camper.

"Hey Will! How have you guys been?" Wanda asked.

"Great! Nico and I are doing good in school and Peter has been a great help." Will said.

"And things between you two are...?"

Will and Nico both blushed, remembering the kiss they shared during the Battle of New Mexico. It was pretty crazy.

"Y-y-yeah, umm, thing are going....great." Will stuttered. He looked flustered. So did Nico. I ship it.

"What Will means to say is, we haven't killed each other, Renya hasn't killed him, and we are still, what's the term, DTRing?" Nico covered smoothly. I keep forgetting that he was pulled out of time. Hazel was too. Capsicle time bros. When they are trying to figure out things, it's hilarious. I remember when Steve and Nico were trying to figure out Netflix together. Man that was down right funny until the TV remote went through the window and onto Nat's head. From that point on, it was not as funny. Only because I got slapped for laughing.

"Umm, you said that you had something for us to look at?" Will said to Fury once he and Nico had gotten settled in.

"Yes, this." Fury slid the file across the table. I didn't need to look at the pictures again, but, just my luck, they were sitting next to me. The file went something like this:

Name: Aster Black

Age: 22

DOB: 12/04/1997

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Green

Height: 6'1

Family:
Jacob Black (father)
Carol Black (mother)
Analice Black (sister)
Donald Black (brother)
Lucy Black (sister)
Lacy Black (sister)

Home address: 6227 Woodlake Rd., New York, 10016

Cause of Death:
Stab wound to side
Burn mark around stab wound
Heavy blood loss

Attacker: Unknown

Notes: DNA shows a gene not found in humans. Could be other worlder? No matches to gene found in SHIELD database. Recommend giving case to Avengers.

"Wow, seems like a serious knife would to kill this person. And the DNA gene, I don't understand." Will said.

"That's the thing, the knife that caused the stab wound is silver and 2 inches long. Was not a professionally made knife. Seems like it was broken off of something else according to NYPD." Barton said. Will and Nico looked at each other and started to talk in Greek. Annoying as it was, no one else knew Greek and it annoyed Nat to no end. After a few minutes of bickering/flirting/who know what they were saying in Greek, they must have come to a conclusion because they started speaking in English.

"The only explanation for the silver part is Werewolves, but none of our Werewolves can change back to human form except for Lycon." Nico said.

"The burns don't make any sense either. You're going to have to ask other people for this mission. Did you or the NYPD pick up any suspects?" Will added.

"Yes, a girl. Age 17. Name: Anastasia Stark." Fury said.

"Stark?" Half of us said in confusion.

"Tony, care to explain?" Nat asked.

"Umm, don't look at me. I don't know any Anastasia Starks. I don't have any siblings so she could be a cousin that I didn't know about, but as far as I know, she's not my family." I stated blatantly. Another Stark. Pepper's gonna kill me when she finds out. This is gonna be one hell of a ride. Or one hell of a family reunion.

I don't know which is worse.

AN: Wow, that was a lot of writing. 1213 words (probably the longest I've wrote yet). Hope y'all enjoyed it!
-PandaPerson6