TGSF Chapter 5 - Two Truths & One Lie

Wednesday, September 25th, 2021

Cocoa's POV

The cooking challenge yesterday was loads of fun.

I called mom to tell her the news and to see how the Calabro twins are doing. Well, they are with Val, so my kids are behaving. Even when they are with their grandpa Dominic, they are well-behaved.

Cam already made his way downstairs, so I guess I better go too. On my way down, I saw Bliss, Kimi, and Janiyah.

"Good morning, ladies. Bliss, is your mother-in-law always a joy to be around? From the first day I met her, she has been sweet and hilarious."

"That is Adrian for you. She knows exactly how to get under Shane's skin. Shane takes the bait every time. It's all in fun, though. But, if someone does anything to her family, lookout. Adrian is not one to mess with."

"That is how Val, my stepdad, is. He teases Cam a lot. Cam falls for it just like Shane."

"Let's face it, Cocoa. We love our husbands, but they are easy prey to trick. I tease Shane all the time. Sometimes, he gets me back, though."

"Graeme is hard to trick. I guess I am easy prey. He sure does it to me all the time. I'll see you both later." Janiyah walked over to her team.

"All I have to do is give Ryder the sad eyes. He will do whatever I want. Let's go get our breakfast."

Kimi, Bliss, and I walked over to the buffet of breakfast foods. I will need to exercise after breakfast. I wonder what we will be competing in today?

Kalani's POV

"Adrian and Brently, in your opinion, which team is the loudest when it comes to trash talk?"

"So far, I am going to say team A. They have Bliss, Kami, Marco, Graeme, Niko, Griffin, and Adrian," Brentley says. Brentley and Adrian are a riot.

Adrian replied, "And, I'm proud of it too. Shane falls for it every time."

"Would you guys like to play the game for today? I chose two truths and one lie. Each player will get a chance to say three things about themselves, except everyone, will have to guess which one is a lie."

"Sounds like fun. I'll play. And, Brentley, you have to, so that way the teams are even."

He replied, "Why not? I'll play too."

"Great. Good morning everyone. For today, we can meet outside in the yard for the game. I'm not telling you the game until it's time to play. Adrian and Brentley will also be playing today. Cam and Cocoa will be the captains today, meaning, The Calabro Crushers vs The Calabro Finishers. Until then, enjoy your breakfast and relax."

This is going to be fun.

****************

12:00 pm