Chapter 39 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Your Majesty," he said.

My uncle nodded his head. "She won't judge you, Xavier," he said, softly. "All she wants is the truth and to understand why you did what you did. It's why she doesn't look at other peoples' files except her own and the twins. You've looked at mine, haven't you?"

"You placed it out so that I could," I replied. "If you didn't want me to look at it, then you wouldn't have."

My uncle shrugged his shoulder. "True," he said. "Let them know that you are safe. Excuse me." And with that, he walked away from us as Dr. Trent came in with some waters.

'I love you,' I whispered through our link, lifting my head from where I had it to watch Dr. Trent walk over to us. 'Thank you.'

'Anything for you,' my uncle said, and I could feel him relaxing. 'I love you, too.'

"Here, I got you one as well, Alpha. I am sure that it is going to be a long night for both of you." He handed the bottles to me.

"Thanks, Doc," I said, causing him to nod his head.

"Contact me or the group if you need anything."

"I will," I promised. I closed my eyes and sighed, leaning my head against Xavier's chest, feeling relaxed and safe in his arms. I heard the door close as Dr. Trent left as well as Xavier's beating heart.

"You should contact them," Xavier said, his voice void of emotion. He didn't move from his spot, and I could tell that he wasn't really relaxed.

"You should relax and stop hiding your emotion from me," I replied. "I won't use them against you, Xavier." I shifted in his arms, causing him to tighten them around me. "Would you relax? I am not going to leave your lap, but I am thirsty and want to get comfortable."

"You're not scared of me?" he asked.

"No," I replied, instantly, causing him to relax. I handed him one of the bottles and opened the bottle that I had been given. I rolled my eyes when someone threw a rock at my window, causing Xavier to growl out a protective warning. "It's one of the Guardsmen," I said, taking a sip of my water.

"What do they want?" he asked.

"For me to confirm that I am safe or not," I replied. I turned on the earpiece and cringed when I was bombarded with questions, my head pounding. 'Would you all shut up?' I asked, sounding rather annoyed.

'Sorry, but you were taking too long,' Sergio said.

"Cass, are you ok? Do I need to call Dr. Trent back in?" Xavier asked, sounding rather worried.

"No, my group is just giving me a headache," I said. 'It doesn't mean you can throw a rock at the window, not when both Xavier and I are on edge.'

"How do you contact them?" Xavier asked. He shifted until he was leaning against the baseboard and settled in for a long night.

'Are you ok?' Hank asked. 'That was a horrible scream, worse than the time that the Princes pranked you with that lizard.'

"I have an earpiece that I was given," I said. "It acts like a pack bond." 'Yes, I am fine. A little shaken up, but I am fine.' I moved until I was comfortable and let out a happy sigh. I felt like I could fall asleep in his arms, but I knew that my uncle's command would push him to tell me everything soon.

'Are you ready for him to tell you everything?' Commander asked, causing some of the members to grumble. 'He placed his command on him,' Commander warned. 'The sooner she calms down, the sooner that the pain will start.'

'I had him change the command,' I said. 'I have calmed down.'

"How does it work?" Xavier asked.