So, Regina continued walking through pack lands. The feeling in her chest made her go right. The sun was low in the sky, making most of the grass shaded and the air cooler. In front of the pup was a group of wolves paired off and fighting each other. Most were dark in color and large; they could walk all over her without any problems.

On the side of the field, there was someone with yellow hair near the forest, standing out from the crowd. She was swinging something small in both arms and moving around like she was leaping. Regina didn't know what Mavis was doing; she was just happy to have found Mavis.

Avoiding the wolves, Regina walked a wide circle before reaching Mavis. Once she was close enough, the wolf let out a bark, catching the woman's attention. She set down whatever she was swinging and walked towards Regina with a smile.

"Hey there, Luce, how are you feeling?"

Mavis crouched and held her arms out, letting Regina come to her. Regina did so without much hesitation, happily accepting the pets and attention.

"I'm gonna guess you're feeling better. It's good to see you at peace instead of panicked."

Mavis then stood, stretching out her arms and legs. Once she finished, Regina took a gentle bite of the bottom of her tank top. She then led the woman away from the fighting wolves, and to the tree, she had sat under a couple of times. Mavis followed along, knowing there was no way she could fight the wolf's sharp teeth.

When she reached the spot, Regina let go of Mavis and fell to the ground. Mavis stood for a while, unsure of what the wolf wanted her to do. Regina just huffed and pointed her nose to the floor next to her. Mavis finally got it and sat by the wolf.

"A perfect little spot, isn't it? Do you come here a lot?" Mavis looked down to see Regina nod before putting her head on her paws.

"I know Marissa told you about packs and the wolves inside us all. She did say you haven't shifted yet, is it because you don't know how?"

Regina nodded again, and Speranza became more noticeable. The wolf didn't say or do anything, but she came forward enough for Regina to notice her presence.

"When you feel up to it, Atta and I could maybe help you. We don't know much about you, not even your age. All Marissa can say is that you are older than 16, we would know more if you could shift."

'You do know you can talk to her? The bond is complete, so you can use a family link.'

But she couldn't. Even just the thought of talking to anyone made her freeze and want to panic. Regina had no idea why, but she knew she couldn't speak. Talking made things worse; silence was better and made things easier.

'Well, if you can't, maybe I can. That would mean I'm closer to the surface, but I could talk to people for you. No one would even know the difference.'

Speranza was right; that could work. Regina wasn't talking; it was someone else, so she wasn't breaking any rules.

With Regina's permission, Speranza stepped closer to the surface, adding amber shades to her green eyes.

'I don't know anything about shifting, but I want to learn.'

Regina looked up and saw Mavis looking down at her. For a while, the woman's eyebrows furrowed, but they smoothed out when she smiled.

"Then I'd happily teach you. For now, let's get you some food and into bed. The sun has gone down, and night will be approaching fast.

Mavis stood, brushed imaginary grass off her legs, and started walking to the door. Regina got up, shook her fur, and followed the woman with happiness in her steps. Tomorrow she would learn to shift into a human form just like Mavis. Who knows what else these humans could teach her?