Chapter Twenty Six ~I didn't mean it~

Start from the beginning

                “Is that true?” I whispered to Jace. “Do you not want me to be equal? You want ne as your servant?”

                “That is not true, Alexandria,” Jace said. “You are my equal, maybe not in strength or speed or size, but you are my equal. If anything you are superior over me. You’re smarter than I am and that makes you a lot better than someone with muscle. Alex you are my love, you are my Luna.”

                “He’s lying to you Alex,” Lane sang into my ear. “He doesn’t care if you’re smarter than him, you are still weaker, and he will always see you as such.”

                “No!” Jace snarled. “Alex you are not weaker than me. You are a hella stronger than me in every way. You’ve been through so much in your life and you still keep your head high. You are so strong baby, I know you are.”

                “Oh please,” Lane rolled his eyes. “She only has her head high out of fear. She knows what will happen if she ever submits to someone other than her mate.”

                “She is not afraid,” Jace growled.

                “No Jace,” I said. I looked at him with narrowed eyes. “You’re the one that’s scared. I can’t believe I didn’t see it until now. You’re scared that if I get my wolf I’ll be stronger than you, better than you. You want me under you. You want me weaker so I would do your bidding!”

                “That is not true,” Jace insisted. “Alex please, don’t listen to him. He’s manipulating you.”

                “You manipulated me!” I screamed. “I thought you loved me Jace.”

                “I do, Alex I love you so much,” Jace said.

                “Then why don’t you want me to be stronger?” I asked him.

                “I don’t want to put you in danger,” he said. “If he awakens your wolf gene it could kill you. You have never shifted before. Most wolfs shift by the time their fourteen and usually both of their parents are wolves. Your body isn’t strong enough to withstand the shift. Alex, you’ll die if you shift.”

                “Is that true?” I asked Lane as he stood and walked over to a table behind the camera. “Will I die if I shift?”

                “Most likely,” he said as he filled a syringe with a clear liquid. “Let’s find out shall we? But not now, first I want my father back.” Lane stepped in front of the camera. “You’ll be getting an email in about forty five seconds. It will tell you where to meet us in one hour. If you’re not there with my father I will inject her with wolfs bane. It should be enough to wake her wolf up and she will shift. Maybe she’ll die, maybe she won’t. That’s all up to you if you’re late.”

                I couldn’t see his face as Lane turned the camera off. He turned to me with a glare. He slapped me with the end of the revolver twice and grabbed my face making me look him in the eye.