Green Magic. (Part 2)

"Hey Pidge," Lance coughed. "I can't make it to school tomorrow. Sorry-" he coughed painfully loud- "I'll let my friends know what you look like so you can meet them." A string of sneezes and sniffles followed his sentence.

"Hold on," Pidge said quietly through her window. "I might be able to help you out. I'll be over in about ten minutes." She shut her curtains and Lance laid down, staring at the ceiling. A bright flash of green light came from Pidge's room. Lance assumed he was hallucinating.

He sat back up and looked out the window at Pidge's previously barren backyard. There had been empty trees, and dead grass and withered flowers before she moved in. Now, it seemed as if everywhere she stepped, life bloomed. There were rose bushes growing along her house. The trees were full of deep green leaves and blossoms. The grass was prosperous and bright green. The flowers were all grown and in full bloom. It was gorgeous. Even the trees at the back of her family's property were looking healthier than the rest.

The small enclosure filled to the edges with herbs was also growing beautifully.

Nadia squealed, and Lance assumed Pidge had arrived. His niece and nephew loved Pidge. She had started making it a tradition to bring them fancy flowers.

Lance's bedroom door opened and he sat up to find Pidge with a steaming cup in one hand, a jar of the same substance in her other hand, and a rainbow rose in her mouth.

"Here." She handed him the hot cup. "Careful, it's really hot." She placed the jar on his bedside table, and the flower in the vase next to it.

Lance took a slow sip of the mystery drink.

"Yum, what's in this?" he asked.

"Milk, cinnamon, cocoa powder, allspice and some secret ingredients. I also added a bit of vanilla, just to make it better." She sat on the end of his bed. "It's going to make you fall asleep, and you probably won't wake up until noon tomorrow, if you're not woken up by someone else. I can tell your mom to wake you up for school, or I can yell at you from my window. You're choice."

"How do you know I won't wake up? What did you put in it?"

"I told you all the ingredients, dummy," she laughed. She took the drink from his hand and set it on his nightstand. She gently pushed him into a horizontal position and pulled the covers up to his chin.

"Sweet dreams, Lance." She started to leave his room.

"Wait Pidge," Lance called through a yawn, "how did you make the flower?" His eyes drooped.

"Magic." She winked.

The next day, Pidge hollered out her window to wake Lance up. It didn't work. She rolled her eyes. She knew the spell would work well, and he should wake up to be completely healthy.

She packed her bag with all the essentials. Her spell book; it was painfully messy. With pages falling out and five different colour pens on one page. Her crystals, and some potions in small jars from the Hobby Shack. She held her hand over everything and let a bright surge of energy flow through her body, turning the items invisible, or into other items, making them socially acceptable for a normal high school.

She also grabbed some empty notebooks and normal pens. Those were kind of important too. Unable to reach them, she had to float slightly to grab them from the tops shelf of her closet. She ran down the stairs.

She kissed her mother and father goodbye, yelling up the stairs to her brother; "hey dumb ass! Don't blow shit up!"

He yelled a quick "you got it," and Pidge ran out the door to her neighbors house. She knocked gently on the door, and it swung open to reveal a smiling Nadia, Lance's niece.

"Do you have flowers this time, too?" she asked. Pidge mentally face palmed. Then she figured she could make a flower for the child. No one would believe Nadia if she said Pidge had conjured a flower from thin air. She looked around, and crouched down to Nadia's level.

"What kind of flower do you want?" she asked, smiling sweetly.

"I want forget-me-nots!" she said. "Please," she added quickly. Pidge smiled at the girl. She wound her hands around each other, and a small green light, the signature of her magic, flashed dully. She clasped her hands together, and when she stretched them apart, a small bouquet of forget-me-nots appeared.

Nadia's eyes widened, and she squealed in delight. Pidge held her finger to her lips, asking the small girl to be quiet.

"Can I come in to get your Tio Lance?" Pidge asked, standing up.

"I'm right here." Pidge looked up from Nadia to see Lance with wide eyes.

"All ready for school?" Pidge asked, nonchalantly. Her stomach dropped, however.

"Yeah. Let's go." He turned into the house to grab his bag off the stairs. "Adiós, mamá. Te amo!" he hollered. He gave Nadia a kiss on the forehead and shut the door behind him.

"So, um, what was that?" he asked as they walked down the road.

"I pulled a bouquet of flowers out of thin air." Pidge looked straight ahead. She was slightly scared. Last time someone had found out her family's... heritage, she had to move away, hence now living here.

"That is so cool!" Lance hollered. He lifted Pidge up and spun her around, before making a sudden realization.

"You weigh less than- anything! How?" He let go of the smaller girl and she stayed floating where she was.

"That's insane. Amazing, but insane." The two of them continued walking to the school.

Lance introduced Pidge to his two best friends, Keith and Hunk. Hunk was ecstatic to meet her, and even Keith was pretty happy to have someone new to spend time with. Lance kept Pidge's secret, much to her relief.

The boys showed Pidge the ropes of the school, and surprisingly, she was in all of Lance's classes. He suspected she had something to do with it, but she disagreed relentlessly.

At lunch the four of them hopped in line in the cafeteria and all got different kinds of foods. They sat at a table in the center of the cafeteria, and Lance and Keith pointed out all the people and teachers Pidge needed to avoid at all costs.

"Mr. Johnson is a total pedo. If you ever get him for a gym teacher, switch classes. Right away," Keith explained.

"Guys, he's not that bad," Hunk tried to defend the teacher.

"Yes he is." Lance took a bite of his burger. "And the worst, out of everyone in this school is-"

"Hello boys." Lotor sidled up to the four of them with his posse lagging behind him. "And who might this lovely young lady be?" He grabbed her hand and bowed down to kiss it. She yanked it away quickly and slapped him on the wrist.

"You little bitch. I will ruin you!" Lotor shouted, catching the attention of others in the cafeteria.

"Oh, god, you've insulted me! What ever shall I do? I'll be mentally and emotionally scarred for life!" Pidge dramatically placed the back of her hand to her forehead and gasped. The boys at her table tried to hide their laughter, ultimately failing.

Lotor glared at Pidge, then stood to his full height, towering over her. She stood on her chair to match him.

"Mark my words, new girl. I will end your social life. I will make your life miserable." He pointed a finger at her.

"Mark my words, not-new-girl. I don't give a shit." Pidge crossed her arms and smiled smugly. She sat back down only when Lotor and his "friends" walked away.

Lance was the only one to notice her hand gesture. It was clearly a spell, but when Hunk looked over, she quickly adjusted her hand and it turned to a middle finger.

"You know, with that accent, and his over reaction, I could have sworn he was going to yell 'my father will hear about this!'" Pidge giggled, taking a bite of her food.