Tribute (Part 4)

"Katie, I'm sorry." Lance sighed. He tried to rub her arm, but she winced when he touched it. "Katie, we have to go, there are going to be more bombs. We have to get out of here."

"I promised. I said I would keep him safe!" she sobbed. Lance had to lift her away from the body, and carry her from the building, as she screamed, and cried, and begged to be left with Bandor.

"Please Lance!" She gripped his jacket collar and cried.

"I'm sorry."

Lance carried her to another shelter. He opened the door, his knife at the ready in his hand, even holding her in his arms. He marched in and came across Hunk and Keith.

"What happened to her?" Hunk asked. Keith seemed skeptical.

"The boy from her district." Lance answered. He set Pidge in the corner of the room and she tugged on her hair, crying to herself about her failure.

"Do you know how many are left?" Lance asked.

"There's the four of us, Lotor and his buddy, and, so now that Bandor is, you know-" Pidge let out a loud, choked sob at his name- "I guess, six. I've heard 17 canons-" Three canon's went off. Hunk was counting on his fingers, until he was cut off.

"It's just us," Keith said smartly.

"Yeah, no shit, Sherlock!" Pidge screamed at him. "I can't kill you, so you're going to have to off me."

The four of them pondered it. None of them could do it.

So another bomb was sent down. Suitable for the wasteland they were in.

Pidge crawled out from under the debris, and found both Hunk and Keith, lying dead under piles of rubble. She also found Lance. He was trying to pull himself out from under a piece of the wall.

"Lance," Pidge coughed. He turned himself around as well as he could.

"Hey, beautiful. It's you and me. Soon to be just you," he laughed.

"Don't. No jokes. You idiot," Pidge choked on dust and her own words.

"Kiss me," he smiled.

"I said no jokes," Pidge growled.

"I'm not, don't worry. If I'm going out now, I wanna go out getting a kiss." He took a deep breath and winced when the cement shifted on his legs. Pidge leaned forwards and pressed her mouth to his. His lips were a lot softer than she expected them to be.

"Thanks," Lance sighed as he laid down, and accepted his death.

Pidge was out of sobs. She had no way of expressing anymore emotion.

Three more canons. She won.

Then everything went black as she passed out.