Bandannas

Lance ran forwards as she fell. Her shout of pain and surprise filled the silent room. She hit Lance's arms and fell unconscious.

"Everybody out!" Shiro boomed. Everyone started screaming and scrambling to get out the door. Lance lowered the woman to the ground and made sure she was still breathing, still had a pulse, all that jazz.

He shielded her from the people that would have trampled over her in their haste, taking the brunt of any shoes that kicked him while running.

Once the building had been cleared, he lifted her in his arms and carried her to the infirmary. He hoped Blue was still asleep at home, safe and sound. He had to leave when he got the call that the gangs warehouse had been infiltrated, and a party was being thrown.

Lance set her down gently on a cot and removed her jacket. The green t-shirt she wore earlier in the day had been shed, only to be replaced with a black one. Her purple bandanna was still in her hair, however.

He called for Coran and the ginger man rushed forwards. He took one look at the bullet wound in Camilla's mother's arm and grabbed all his utensils. He started to work on digging the bullet out while Lance gathered bandaging materials.

"Let's hope she stays unconscious for the sutures," Coran noted under his breath. Lance removed his belt and strapped her to the cot with it, so that she wouldn't jerk around too much. He put the strap of her bag in her mouth for her to bite in case she woke up.

Coran carefully maneuvered the skin tissue around while he dug out the bullet. Once he was done, Lance handed him tools to stitch her back up. As soon as the needle pierced her skin, she tried to shoot up, crying out in pain.

"It's okay, bite down. That's it." Lance brushed her hair out of her face, trying to soothe her. She started breathing heavily and groaning in pain with every stitch.

"Bandages," Coran said, quickly wiping a mixture of healing creams and disinfectants across the wound. He wrapped it and tied it off with the bandages Lance handed to him. She had passed out once again, and Lance waited with her until Coran had finished bandaging her up. When the older man was finished the two left the room and Lance immediately sought out Allura.

"What that fuck?" he yelled as he slammed Allura against the wall with his forearm, a small bit of spit flying from his mouth as he yelled. "We don't shoot people! We're the good guys!"

Allura glared at him, shoving him off.

"She exposed our gang. She knows who we are. Shiro said she was downloading intel on us. I'm only sorry I missed her head." Allura stalked off. Lance fumed. The woman had a daughter. He couldn't imagine what it would be like for Blue to grow up without any parents, as his mother had run off as soon as he was born, leaving the baby with Lance. Lance remembered Blue telling him that Camilla didn't have a father. If Allura had hit her in a detrimental spot...

Lance shook the thought from his head, and walked back to the infirmary. He was met by Hunk.

"Is she alright?" he asked nervously. Lance nodded.

"She'll live. But we need to search her for the information Shiro said she took." The two men walked into the infirmary and stood shocked and silent in the doorway. The woman had woken up again and managed to wiggle her way out of the belt strapping her down, as it was still clasped on the cot.

"--alk to Cammie? Thanks Keith." She was on the phone. "Hi mia bambina!" Lance didn't recognize the language she spoke. "I know you're tired, honey. You can go back to sleep in a minute. I just wanted to let you know that you're going to be staying with Uncle Keith for a little while, and that I love you so much. More than anything in the whole world. Yes, more than peanut butter." Allura and Shiro arrived to listen at the door.