Chapter Two

The Chaos of Redemption

Chapter Two

Later that evening, Padme stood out on the balcony of the 500 Republica apartment, brushing through her curls. Anakin sat on the ground behind her, playing with Melanie who sat in awe. He was showing her his lightsaber, floating it in front of both of them.

"Daddy, will you tell me about the force again?"

Chuckling, Anakin pulled her to sit in his lap. "Of course, baby girl. The force is the energy that flows through everything. It flows through me, through you, even through your mother," He smiled up at her, noticing how she looked so angelic in the moonlight.

"Ani," Padme grabbed his attention. "I wanna have our baby back on Naboo. I know the perfect spot," She smiled to herself. "Right by the waters..."

Anakin stood up, helping Melanie onto her feet. He leaned against the balcony's door frame, Melanie trying her best to copy her father's stance against the other door frame. Padme turned around glancing between the two of them, crossing her arms and smiling openly.

"Well, there is no mistaking it; like father, like daughter my darlings."

Anakin smiled, the right side of his mouth tugging up into a subtle smirk. "You're so... beautiful..." Melanie glanced up at her father, casually copying his smirk.

"Only because I'm so in love," Padme leaned back on the balcony's railing.

"Daddy's right, Mommy; you're the most beautiful woman in all the galaxy!" Melanie giggled, causing her father to break his too-cool-for-school composure. Anakin scooped up the three year old, slipping her into his arms like a baby would be held.

"That's very true, Melanie but that's not why you're mother is so beautiful," Padme smiled at him, crossing her arms over her bulging belly. "Its because I'm so in love with her!"

Padme pretended to be serious, a façade of worry covering her peaceful features. "So love has blinded you?" Melanie giggled, her father tickling her with a mischievous glint in his cerulean eyes. "I wouldn't say that..." He chuckled, looking over at his lovely spouse.

"But its probably true..." Padme walked the short distance between them, cupping her husband's jaw with one hand and her daughter's with the other. "What am I gonna do with you two?"

"You can save me from the tickle monster by distracting him with a kiss, Mommy!" Melanie slipped out of her father's arms and bolted inside, leaving her parents out on the balcony to kiss each other.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

About ten minutes later, the Skywalker family lie together in the master bedroom. Anakin laid on the bed first, helping his wife slip into the blankets beside him. Melanie came up the middle of  the king-sized bed, crawling between her parents and snuggling into Padme's arms. Anakin looked down at his wife and child, both facing him with tired smiles upon their lips. He slipped an arm behind Padme's head, pulling the two into his warm, bare chest.

"Goodnight my angels, I love you," He leaned down and kissed each of their foreheads. Melanie snuggled further into his chest while Padme curled into his side, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Goodnight Ani," Padme murmured, kissing the crook of his neck softly as her eyes closed.

"Goodnight Daddy," Mel whispered, kissing right over his heart as best she could.

Anakin smiled softly to himself, using the force to pull the blankets up to cover all of them while they slept together.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"No!" Anakin whisper-yelled, bolting upright from his previous position.

He saw visions of Padme and Melanie, crying and yelling for him. Padme was slowly dying, shriveling up on a medical table with Melanie sobbing hysterically at her side. He couldn't lose his Angel, Melanie couldn't lose her mother. Speaking of his daughter, he then noticed the bed was missing a certain little girl. Summoning the cloak with his flesh hand, Anakin stood up and walked downstairs towards the living area and veranda.

Melanie sat outside on the hood of Anakin's mustard starfighter, her blonde curls blowing in the wind. Her soft blue and brown eyes were puffy from the many tears she had shed; her button nose was turning red from crying too. She had just finished some very scary nightmares, the kind no three year old should ever have to go through.

Her mom was asleep and she couldn't wake her up. Her dad looked scary with a red lightsaber in his hand and his face was covered by his hood.

"Daddy?" She asked him, scared at his menacing appearance.

"I'm not your daddy anymore," He stated raising his lightsaber in front of them, ready to bring it down upon them.

"Nooooo!"

"NOOOOO!" She screamed, shutting her eyes tight.

"Melanie!" Anakin yelled, bolting through the living room and out to the ship. "MEL!" He nearly went into fight or flight mode when he saw her on his starfighter's wing.

Summoning the force once again, he pulled his daughter back off the ship and straight into his arms. Melanie squealed as she was sent flying backwards into his chest, crying now for the fear she would be injured.

"Shhhhh," He soothed his crying daughter, smoothing her sandy blonde down. "Its gonna be alright, baby..."