Emery released an exaggerated yawn to annoy him which her brother did deride her for, but she only rolled her eyes.

"She is heaven sent you know, I haven't been pampered like this in a while."

"So you approve?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Glad to hear that. I just got off the phone with her so don't let her know I called you."

"Sure thing..."

"Call me when you're ready, I'm now heading back home from the gym to freshen up."

"Aye captain."

"See you biggie."

"Christopher Elorm Hamilton-" the line went dead before she could cuss him out again.

Emery chuckled. Although she was loving her dewy glow and well-filled bosom; all thanks to pregnancy hormones, moving around was becoming strenuous with her swollen feet and oversized belly.

She stretched leisurely in bed which turned into groans of annoyance with the impending task of dressing up.

Picking herself up, she shuffled into the bathroom to freshen up. After her shower, she opted for a strapless knee-length floral dress and comfy flops.

Now more than ever, she was grateful for her feed-in jumbo cornrows which Janina had enticed her to go for last two weeks as it had saved her time and the hassle of taming her wild natural hair.

She stuffed her clutch with any feminine product within her reach and joined Natalia in the kitchen. The latter who was already enjoying her breakfast and working on her laptop.

"Good morniiiiiing..."

The greetings made Natalia chuckle. "I take it you slept well?" Natalia gave her a soft smile and pointed to a covered tray to Emery's left.

"Much much better. I don't know how to thank you enough, Talia, thanks very much.."

Natalia shook her head. "Don't mention it."

Emery grinned at her and tended to her breakfast.

She got a text message from her brother some seconds after she was done eating and once they had set their course of action, she gave Natalia some lame excuse and hurried off to meet him down the block.

The sibling toured almost all the jewelry shops in Brooklyn for the so-called ideal piece Christopher was looking for, but after some time, Emery gave up. Luckily, her brother had found the one by then.

"How hard is it to find an engagement ring?" she asked in annoyance when they drove out of the shop.

"You know what they say, finding the right one gives you morale." Emery rolled her eyes at the sappy retort.

"It's almost one, let's grab some takeaway for lunch and head back," Christopher suggested.

"Sure, where to?"

"Well you know the place better than I do so you choose."

"Let's try Colonie, its just down the street." she typed the address in his GPS and they drove ahead to the said restaurant.

The place was looking lovelier since the last time she visited with Anthony but was choked with the young professional crowd as it was a public holiday.

They ordered some takeaway and drinks and drove back to the apartment.

"Gosh I really have to get this on camera, I can't imagine Nat's reaction... ow..." Emery bit her lips as a brief but painful jolt-like sensation tore through her abdomen.