Chapter 10

As far as one-night stands go, this was the most drawn-out bullshit episode Miles Dekker has ever found himself in.

Even the Russian heiress who threatened to have her mob family make him disappear for breaking her heart, did not come after his family.

Unlike Chanel Preston who just had to be a vindictive entitled homewrecker. Miles cursed as he galloped like a deranged bull to the said homewrecker's suite.

Inasmuch as he loathed his family, he was the only entitled brat allowed to make their lives miserable. Nobody blackmails his family and certainly not his niece.

“Chanel.” He pounded on her door.

The blunt act earned Miles a few questionable glances from the vacationers who were ambling the floor. Not a second after the hammering, the door was opened by his current bane of existence.

“See what the cat dragged-” her words were cut short as Miles barged into the room and slammed the door.

She flinched at the loud sound. “What the hell, Miles?”

“What the fuck are you playing at?”

“Who says I'm playing at anything?” She said innocently and made her way back to the living room. “I just wanted to see you.” She said with a shrug.

“Yeah right.” Miles scoffed at the obvious lie. “You? You wanted to see me?”

“Of course I wanted to see you.” She snapped. “You won't pick my calls.” There it was.

Miles sighed. “Chanel, I don't have time for this…”

“You unfollowed me on IG and Facebook and as if that wasn't enough you blocked me on WhatsApp?” Her look was full of disbelief when she looked at him.

“What the fuck did you expect?” Miles lashed out. How dare she play the victim card. “You threatened my family, Chanel.”

“What are you talking about? I didn't threaten your family.” She sounded so hurt as if Miles had just said she wasn't vegan.

Oh, she was convincing. He'll give her that. “And I guess you didn't trade the story with your gossip buddies for a piece of their souls as well.” She huffed at his accusation.

“Because that would be violating the gag order my lawyer sent you.” Miles added and that seems to have hit her from the tense look on her face.

“I did no such thing. I'm a professional.” She flipped her hair away from her face.

Miles let out a long breath. The fight was already leaving him. “Why are you here, Chanel?” 

“Well let's just say, I did not appreciate being banged and disrespected afterward so I came to return the favor.” Her game face was back on.

“Are you serious right now? What did you expect after the casual sex? A piece of my heart delivered to you in a makeup kit?”

“Don't you dare insult me, Dekker.” She jabbed a finger at his chest, her face turning scarlet. “You made me look cheap when you proposed to some shoddy girl right after we were together! Publicly!”

That was the last straw. “Grow the fuck-up Chanel!” Miles brushed her hand off his chest and stepped away from her. “We are not in college anymore. And the last time I checked, you were more than okay with us not being exclusive.”

“Because that's what you wanted!” She lashed out. “And I thought…” Her lips quivered. “I thought at least I'd still have some part of you… if not all of you!” She burst into tears.