Chapter Twenty Two

Allie's POV

This is getting bad...I want Oris panished but when Elex decides that he'd rather suffer to alter his pain, it gets to me pretty bad. Elex does not scream like Oris, he's not even foaming. He just goes down with a loud thud and he stretches flat on the floor. When Rene refocuses her attention back to Oris, I know she might kill him. He's been a monster to us all, especially to Coy and me, but, he's still a family. I haven't given up on him- he's trying his best to be good for us all- this should not be the way he'll end. Again, should one of us kill another what happens?

"Rene, it fine now!" I interrupt. I'm ain't gonna stand here in my anger and watch her end his life. He's my twin brother and I love him- yes, I do love him no matter his many shits.

Rene doesn't bulge. Her teary gaze is fixed on the Foaming Oris, you would think he just killed Coy. Well, by his statements, he hurt him so much to a point he chose to leave us all.

"You will kill him!" I am practically shouting. She is not paying attention to me. Not at all. I walk to her and grab her by the shoulder. "Rene."

She turns to look at me, her eyes narrowed in a manner that makes her look like a real witch. Just then an evil grin creases her cheeks. I take up the opportunity to pass my point across. "He's the only one who can help bring Coy back!" This is so true, it is he who causes a wound that helps in healing it. I don't know where I got that shitty, nonsense, illogical statement from. But I know it works in some cases, not all.

"I will find Coy and bring him home, as for this idiot twin of yours, we don't need him." This girl is really mad today.

"What! Speak of yourself Rene. Elex and I need him. He is our brother... Have you forgotten the vow?" I am practically loosing my anger too. It is because of Oris that Elex is down, here I am asking her to stop and then she comes up we a fucking 'we' statement. It is she who doesn't need him. Us for us, Oris is not beyond redemption.

"Oh... it's you who came crying about Coy. Now he doesn't mean a thing to you. Allie..."

"Stop this, They both mean the whole world to me...They are both family. What part of we-are-a-family-dont-you-understand-Rene? We can't kill each other. We swore to always fight for each other." I grab her hands in mine. I am looking deep in her eyes hoping and wishing and begging, that she calms down.

For a moment, she doesn't say a thing. She stares at me, straight in the eye... The girl that I grew up with. The girl that never used to raise her voice to anyone. The girl that always kept herself buried in books. She, the one that would always cry when teased by people, then run to Oris' side. She has changed a handful. She is no longer afraid. She is now a witch if not...what is she, by the way? Her eyes don't glow again with love. It's my real sister that I want. The Rene who read until she almost turned cross-eyed.

"Allie, the vow was your fucking idea and you shoved it down our throats. See what we have become. Look at us, I mean look at me- if it wasn't because of the fucking vow, I wouldn't have got myself in this situation. What am I to you? Your sister? That's not true- we have all become monsters in different calibers... Need I remind you that Ted, at the park, said that we shall go down, all of us, but through one of us? Oh, you had passed out sister. Now just let me send each of us to our eternal dungeon. We are failures."

I can't believe my ears. I swear I didn't force anyone to the vow. Did I? Here I am being blamed for what everybody has turned out as, monsters. I am not a monster. Am I? And Coy? He is the coolest kid the family has ever known. Damn Rene, we are not monsters, at least Coy isn't.

I push her hands off me and as if by lightening, my palm connects with her cheek. Gosh, that was hot. It was unanticipated for and so it landed well.

"Fuck you Allie!" She curses and before I know it, my back is connecting with the wall. That was a heavy push. She is coming to get me when, suddenly someone grabs her from behind and takes her down. I am dumbfounded...I am afraid...my face is dripping with sweat. My back hurts so much, much more than the gun shot that I had on my leg. I am picking myself from the floor when suddenly, the smell of blood fills my nostrils.

Elex's claws are tucked deep on Renes neck. His eyes are now crimson red and wow, we shall really go down. Blood trickles down his fingers, he's going to twist her neck when his eyes lift to meet my gaze again.
"Allie..." He calls. His voice is so telling. I know exactly what he's about to ask me.

"Do not Elex, she a family." I respond. He cocks his head on the side before an evil grin spreads across his face.
"Family, family, family. Does this one of ours look like a family, or a cursed group of kids?" He sneers broadly.
"Doesn't matter what we are... Thing is, we shouldn't be the ones to take ourselves down- It's better when Cornelius does it." I say.

Rene groans painfully. She mouths an insult at Elex. She tries to mouth another insult but no, she just can't.
"Let her go!" I shout. He looks at Oris lying down and smile sarcastically. When his gaze land back to mine... he's glaring at me. Then he counts 1,2 but at the exact count of three, like a flash of lightening, Ted flies in through the door. For a moment, his speed blinds me...

Seconds later, Ted is standing next to Rene who is breathing if broken gasps and Elex is rolling down, wreathing in pain. I struggle and come to my feet. I take hold of the couch for support so that I can ask Ted to help the two. But before I even open my mouth, Ted beats me in it, "Choke to death, you stupid idiot!" He tells Elex who starts Choking and foaming.

"Ted nooo!" I cry.
"Nobody hurts my girl and survives." Is what he says.