0.5

"Let's start the movie?" You asked me with a small smile as you crashed beside me on the couch, snuggling closer to my side, a bowl of popcorn at one hand.

It was a Saturday, and Saturday was movie night with the guys. Although we studied in different colleges or had different courses, we all still kept in touch and dedicated our Saturday nights to watching movies at yours and my shared apartment.

As I stared at you, a smile unknowingly formed on my lips. Despite living with you in the shared apartment for almost a whole year, I'm still in awe every time I see you walk in a room with a messy bun, shorts and my over-sized hoodie on.

I see you grab the remote and just when you're about to play the movie, I realize "Wait, the others aren't here yet"

"Oh, you didn't hear?"

My brows furrow at your statement. "Hear what?"

"Felix said that he texted you. He and the others couldn't make it today so it's just you and me Hannie" You said with a chuckle, pinching my cheek towards the end of your statement.

I quickly whipped my phone out.

two messages from Yongbok

Yongbok:
Don't screw this up.

Yongbok:
Also, you're welcome in advanced ^_^

I cursed under my breath.
Of course he and the guys planned this.

For a moment I contemplated on what to do.

Because movie nights with just the two of us are normal.
At least they were normal.

A month after we graduated, Felix popped the question again on whether or not we were officially dating and during that time, we both just shrugged him off.

Everyone already knew that we were 'dating'. Even we ourselves knew for a fact that we were more than just friends. But we never put a label on it and for some reason, we never opened the topic about it.

The Saturday after Felix asked that much to each others' surprise, you had invited Hyunjin and I had invited Seungmin last minute. Then from just the four of us, suddenly the whole group started coming over for movie night and things weren't the same.

After reading Felix's text, I glanced at you once again. You probably felt my gaze on you because after a few seconds you turned to face me and our eyes met.

"You okay Jisung?"

I flashed you a small smile.

"It's been a while since we had movie night with just the two of us" As I spoke, I wrapped an arm around your shoulders and pulled you even closer.

At first, I felt you tense up. But after a few seconds, your body relaxed and you leaned your head on my chest before starting the movie.

Half way through the random film that we picked, my hand was wrapped around your waist instead of your shoulders and our fingers were intertwined while we used our free hand to eat popcorn.

Maybe it was just me but at this point I was barely paying any attention to movie, too intoxicated by the smell of your lavender scented shampoo and too distracted by the feeling of your body so close to mine.

"Jisung?"

Silence fills the air, snapping me back to reality. Only then did I realize that you had pause the movie.

I simply hum in response, placing the almost empty popcorn bowl on the coffee table before spooning you, my chin resting on top of your head.

"Sometimes, I wonder what would've happened if you never saw me that day"

"Huh?"

"I mean, at the parking at the back of the school. I just- I could still be... hurting... if it weren't for you and I know I've said this a lot already but thank yo-"

I place a small yet lingering kiss on the top of your head. The action makes you cut your sentence short.

"Be my girlfriend" I mutter against your skin as I buried my head on your neck.

"What?"

"I want you to officially be my girlfriend y/n. I don't wanna be stuck in this limbo between friends and lovers anymore"

You pull away a bit and turn your head to the side to face me.

Our eyes locked and the moment they did, it was as if gravity was weighing down on our eye lids and pulling our lips closer together.

And the stars aligned and our lips connected.

That night, the movie was long forgotten and small kisses were stolen here and there as we cuddled on the couch.

I woke up the next day to the sound of the door slamming open as someone, who I later on realized was Felix, screamed "IT TOOK YOU TWO LONG ENOUGH"

If it were any normal day, I'd get mad at Felix and tell him and the other guys (who were right behind him) to piss off and get out of our apartment.

But I woke up with you in my arms, snuggled close to my chest.

Despite all of the commotion, you still seemed to be sound asleep, so I quickly placed my index finger over my lips, shushing the guys.

Then I glanced over at your sleeping form.
You were just too cute.

As always, the corners of my lips pulled upwards.

And I muttered to myself, replying to Felix's statement:

"yeah it did"