7

I was on the way home when what sounded like a slap reaches my ears, making me halt my steps.

Like what any other person would do, I glance around the area, searching for the source of the noise.

Then I saw it.
The exact same thing that I saw around a month ago.

Your stared at the ground as if it was the most interesting  in the world. All while your mom scolded you.

"You even have the nerve to be friends with someone who drags you down! Just like that Seungmin guy!"

"They're not dragging me do-"

Another slap.

I wince at the sound as if I was the one who got slapped.

I guess I wasn't the only fighter.
I guess that you had the tendency to talk back to your parents as well.

But I can't blame you.
I can't blame you because I know how hard it is to keep everything bottled up and just take a hit.

I won't blame you.
Actually, I wanted to help you.
I wanted to run towards you, step in front of you in a protective manner and help you.

Even if it meant that I'd take the hit.

Honestly speaking, I wanted to run to you, grab you by the hand and drag you away from that madness.

But we both know that we shouldn't get involved in each other's business.

Because doing that might cause even more damage instead of help.