8

"y/n are you okay?" I can't help but turn to the direction of Seungmin's worried voice with the conversation that my friends are having fading in the background.

From him, my eyes trail to you. You've been coming to school with a lot more evident bruises lately and I hated seeing it.

Just knowing the fact that you get beat up had already resulted to a few sleepless nights but now that I can actually see the marks, it just plain out hurts.

"Don't worry about me Seungminnie!" You say with a small smile, patting his head.

The hand that you used had bandages wrapped from the knuckles up to your arm.

"-sung. YAH HAN JISUNG!"

Chan's voice echoed throughout the hallway, catching not only my attention but also everyone else's.

My group and I quickly mutter apologies to everyone before I turn to face Chan, glaring at him.

"I asked if you already studied for  midterms"

"Of course I did!" I say with a cheeky smile.

"Do you like y/n?" Felix's question catches me off guard, making me choke on my own saliva.

I feel the blood rush up my cheeks as I stutter out a response.

"N-No! I just- I know something okay so that made me notice her mo-"

The sound of your voice makes me stop mid-sentence and I know that it's wrong but I can't help but tune in to your conversation with Seungmin as you pass by.

"-I feel like I'll fail Seungmin! I've seriously been all over the place lately... Honestly, it scares me. Knowing that I'll-"

You were out of earshot towards the end but I didn't need hear the last part to know what you were going to say.

I guess it's another sleepless night.

"Dude, if you like her, then ask her out on a date"

"For the last time guys, I don't like her" I say with an eye roll.

"Then ask her out on a friendly study date since you're so 'interested' in her"

"A study date?"
That didn't seem like such a bad idea.