Forsythe

I walked down the empty quite road. Blood stained me as I felt nothing. The first aid camp I had just attended resulted in a blood bath. I watched friends die in front of me and I couldn't help. So much for first aid training that I can't use. Not that I really cared anyway. I called them my friends but that was just so I seemed normal. I didn't care about them, if anything I enjoyed their deaths.

I closed my eyes listening to the silence of the new dead world. Then I heard the rumbling of an engine?

I looked down the road seeing a bus coming towards me. I stood still in the roads center as it slowed down. The big white metal object came to a halt and the engine stopped. A boy, looked about my age of 17, jumped out and ran towards me. His hair brown, skin tanned and clean?

"Hey dude are you ok?" He asked eyeing me off.

I stared at him unsure of this guy. We stood in an awkward silence for a moment just staring at each other.

"Do you speak English?" He asked me clearly confused. I was Asian but it was odd.

"Yes I do." I responded blandly.

He sighed in relief. "Do you know how far the town is? I really need first aid gear."

"Its not far, maybe 3 kilometers. But I know first aid, even have a kit on me." I say, I could probably extort some food and water off this kid. He seemed stupid enough.

His face lit up. "Really? Will you come help us?" He asked.

I nodded. He told me to jump on the bus. I did so sitting in the seat by the door. He got into the drivers seat starting the engine. He turned the bus around and started driving.

"I'm Ryze by the way." He stated a few minutes later.

"Forsythe..." I responded. "What first aid do you need?"

"Well my two friends both got injured."

'He has friends...' I thought to myself. 'This could end badly'

"One has possibly really deep cuts on his face. The other one might have a really bad concussion." He explained.

"And you left both alone? A concussed person with an injured person?" I looked at him. Did he know nothing? Lets hope his friends are as stupid.

He stayed silent once I had pointed it out. Obviously realising things might have gone terribly wrong. The rest of the bus trip was silent as he sped towards the destination. He drove us to this secluded little campground. 'One of them was smart enough to come here...' He parked the bus near two tents. They were fully kitted out for a good week or two yet they didn't have a first aid kit? I clicked my tongue in disappointment. Clearly someone knew basic survival skills but not first aid. Ryze jumped off the bus and ran towards two people sitting on the ground. I got off the bus and followed.

"RYZE! We stayed seated just like you said!" I heard a feminine voice call. Probably the concussed one, not thinking normally.

"Who is that?" A deep masculine voice asked as I walked over to them.

The girl had blonde hair and pale white skin. She stared at me with big blue eyes, and I felt a slight pang of guilt. But it went as quickly as it came. The man next to her was large and muscular. Blonde hair and tan skin. He held the left side of his face. I could see blood staining his skin. The three were an odd bunch.

"He's Forsythe. He has first aid skills." Ryze explained.

I knelt by the bigger male. "So what happened? And what's your name?" I asked peeling his hand away so I could look at the wound.

"I'm Jayce. And a psychotic Crow attacked me. Jynx there got concussed because I pushed her away from the crazy bird." I nodded.

"You're probably a lost cause." I said coldly. The cut was deep, it had probably damaged the muscle and ligaments. "I don't know if the zombie bird will kill you. But you might get an infection and you probably won't be able to smile on the left side."

He looked at me blankly. I sighed. "I'll clean it and cover it. That's all we can do. Replace the gauze every couple of hours." I explained patching him up and cleaning up the blood.

I looked at the girl, Jynx as the other two called her. She seemed mostly recovered by this point, but still slightly out of it. "Just sip water and don't go to sleep." I told her.

She nodded. She'll have one hell of a headache soon. A pang of sympathy shot through me but I ignored it. I couldn't start feeling things now after 17 years of emptiness...