Jynx

We walked towards the big green shed that was used for all the school's camping equipment. I knew this since I was in the outdoor specialist program. My head was throbbing in pain, but I hid that fact from Jayce and Ryze, although I'm pretty sure we are all in some kind of pain.

"So why'd you come to the school Jayce?" Ryze asked, breaking our silence as we opened the shed.

Out of the three of us, Jayce was the cleanest. Little to no blood stains. His blonde hair, still pristine condition. His giant anime sword is still in good form.

"It was just convenient. I happened to run past it and hoped zombies couldn't climb the fence like me." He explained. "I know it may sound cowardly, but when my house was attacked I just ran."

"Did you witness anyone die..." I said clenching my fists tightly on my axe, tears threatening to spill again, but I held them back.

Jayce sighed. "My step sister used my dad as a meat shield. I don't know if she made it out or not though." He looked at Ryze apologetically.

"Enough talk. Just pack these." I snap throwing packs at the two boys.

"What was that look for?" I heard Ryze ask Jayce as I hid behind a shelf trying to calm down.

"My step sister. You're Girlfriend Kaylee." He stated.

It went quiet between the two. I fell to my knees. Its not just me who is in pain, but I'm making it about me. I can't slow those two down with my crying and carrying on. I'm sorry dad... I can't afford emotions right now. No more sadness, just survival.

I stood up and walked back to the boys throwing three tents at them. "We now have water, food, shelter. What else do we need?" I asked.

They looked at each other and shrugged. I looked around, ropes, harnesses and carabiniers, trangias, sleeping bags and a few other bits and bobs. The boys were all confused as I packed all three packs. I sized one to me and put it on. I helped the other two with their packs and we were kitted out. Survival packs and weapons.

"So where is the bus?" I heard Ryze ask.

"The bus shed is outside of the school. If we're lucky there will be little to no zombies there." I stated. "But if not, its kill or be killed."

I started walking away. The axe in my hand seemingly getting lighter. I was getting used to holding it. I just don't want to lose control again... I looked at Ryze, he locked eyes with me and I looked away. If he hadn't been there to stop me I'd probably would have kept killing until I died myself... Why did 3 teens survive but the adults didn't? I just hope my mum and siblings are ok...

We walked a few hundred meters before finally arriving near the gate that was near the bus shed. We were not lucky. There were at least 15 zombies roaming the area. I felt anger grow inside me as I started walking forward but I was stopped by someone grabbing my wrist. I looked behind me seeing Jayce grabbed my wrist and Ryze looking awkward.

"We can approach this more tactically. If we can get on the roof of that building next to the shed we can get on the shed roof and access it from there." I watched as he pointed out the climbing points and skylights.

"Hate to break it to you, but climbing with the packs and our weapons is extremely difficult." I pointed out.

He looked around and cursed under his breath. "Do you think we could ditch one of the packs?"

"No."

"Hold on Jynx, if we just transfer the water and food to our packs we could probably ditch a pack. And I'm fine to share a tent."

"Ugh fine. Whats the new plan?" I looked at the two boys.

We all discussed the new plan as we transferred what we needed into the other two packs. Then we all nodded in agreement.

Time to lose control...

Jayce started to climb the building and I walked to the gate gripping my axe and cracking my neck. Ryze tried to tell me not to do this. But if it would get those two safe on a vehicle with supplies, fine by me. I cut the chain with my axe and stopped out the gates.

"Oi, You Brainless Dummies! Yummy snack with an axe over here!" I yelled.

All the zombies slowly turned to me, then started to dash. 'This is for you dad...' I gritted my teeth and swung my axe, destroying the first zombies head, I felt the blood splatter on me, I then felt my consciousness taking the backseat...