coma - felix

"It's all my fault.." felix mumbled to himself, sitting on a chair next to the hospital bed where you were lying on, holding your hand.

1 week before
you were getting ready for your date with felix at your favorite restaurant, it wasn't a special day but felix told you that you deserve it for always working so hard.
you put on your favorite clothes and went downstairs to ask felix if he also likes your outfit he smiled and said "you look wonderful."
he kissed you on your cheek which was a little red because of felix' compliment earlier.
the car keys were lying on the kitchen table and you were ready to get them but felix stopped you.
"It's fine. I'll drive, and it's raining outside so.." felix
started laughing.
"do you want to say I can't drive in the rain?" you hit him but then put on your coat and opened the door to leave the house.
you opened the car door and entered the car, it didn't take long until felix joined you.
it was raining more than before now and the road was really slippery, you asked felix "can we maybe stop somewhere and wait until the rain stops? I don't want that you make an accident."
felix didn't say anything and just kept driving.
suddenly there was another man who wasn't paying attention to the street because he was on his phone texting someone and felix couldn't control the car anymore so they crashed.
Felix made it out okay but you not so much.

(..)
"I'm so sorry.." Felix now started crying while still holding your hand.
"When you wake up I'll be there and never let another thing hurt you. I promise." Felix closed his eyes, a tear falling down his cheek.
"I'll be there for you always."