Chap 9

"Mum!" You said. You finally back home after few years living at the condominium. "Oh dear. I missed you." She said. She gesture you to get in. "I heard that dad came over last weekend."

"Yeah. He did. He's still having his rough time."

"Why?"

"Well, Anita ask for a divorce."

You feel bad for your dad even after  the hard times he put you through. It takes times to finally accept everything that happened. "Dad didn't told me anything. I feel guilty right now..."

"I thought that he did. You're the first one he always go to. Probably he doesn't want to bother you. I know what happened to you. How's it? What are you going to do?"

***

"Hello. Yes? I'm on my way." Karley said. "Hey, young lady." Karley try to avoid Corbyn. But he grab her wrist before she can make it. "What do you want?"She said."You. We've got a deal. I think you're pretty. You're just so hot. Is it legal to wear that  short tight dress in the public?"

He scans her through. From the up till down. But he stops at one part. "Why are you staring at my ass? Go away!"

"Shut up! Just follow me!"

Corbyn pull her. She's trying to escape but he's stronger than her. He grab her wrist tightly. Karley secretly text you.

Please. Help me!He know where do you live and I've no idea where we are going! If you see this, don't call me or text!!!

"GIVE ME THAT DAMN PHONE!" He yelled. "No! You can't! Stop!"

***

"Karley just text me." You don't know what to do. Your own personal agent got attacked. Julie, you or other person can be his target. "Call the police!" Your mum said. She know that look on your face. You gives quick details and her number. "Okay, miss."

You hold your mum's hand while sitting on the couch. "Don't be scared. I'm here, honey." She said. She kiss you on top of your head ans hug you. "I know but I'm afraid. I'm sad that I can't even do anything to help people around me, mum. I feel...."

"let's get you to the room. You need to calm down. She's going to be fine, okay?" You nodded. "I'm sorry, Karley." You muttered and a drop of tear starts to roll down. "I'm hoping that you're fine." You're burst into tears.

***

"Karley Gerald. Personal Agent of the company. One of Belle's friend. I'm glad Jonah told me everything. God bless him but not you. You're really trying to mess with me. You put yourself in danger, sweetheart. Let's just say, if I let you go, Belle will know the whole story of me. I don't mind but I feel sad. Why? Why can't she just ask me rather than letting you do all of this? I'M SO FUCKING MAD! OPEN YOUR FUCKING MOUTH, BITCH!!"

"Don't ever try to get near her. You can kill me or you can do anything to me, but not her. I know your past and everything bout you. I'm not using it  against you but I just want to help Belle also you, Corbyn. This is so wrong! You killed innocent people heartlessly. It's illegal and you're not just a psycho but also a murderer.She deserves to know it. You work under her company and you're the one to blame if soemthing happen and affect the company. You've been in a lot of crime case but got in covered. Well done, Mr Besson."
He put put it to her head and pulled the trigger."Goodbye, Karley."

***

"Miss. I've a good news and also bad news." You nod quietly. "Good news is that we found her but the bad news is, she's not longer alive."

You know it's going to happen. If only you're there to help her. She's still alive and here, with you. "I'm-

"Thank you." Your mum said to the police officer. It's now just you and your mum again. You eyes get teary again. "Mum. What if I'm the next target?"

"I'm here and also the others, we're here to protect him. I'm not going to let that bastard touch you. I'll find a way to make sure everyone's safe. Your dad just called me and he'll handled the company again. He wants to give you a break. I know it's hard. I love you, hun."

"I love you, mum. Please, don't leave me."