Chap 3

"Morning!"

Julie already arrives at the office and she looks glowish as if she had a one night stand or got a new boyfriend. "Hey! Good morning, my bestie!" You said. Corbyn already there at his place and he looks so determined yet focus on his work. "Jack told me bout him. You think he's giving you weird vibe? Belle, he's cute! Can't you see that? He looks so fucking hot right there! I would date him if he's single."

"You're freaking in a relationship, girl. Kyle is going to cry if he heard that... He's a perfect boyfriend material so, be grateful. If he turns to be a jerk, don't come at me."

You rolled your eyes and ignore Julie's mini talk. She loves gossip and you don't know how you still can stand her.

"Hey! I wanna start-

"Not yet. I've something juicy to tell you. A hot new gossip and you should know it."

"Lay it on me."

"I heard that 'C' dude broke up with his girlfriend months ago. He's trying to find a rebound but there's a bad news behind it. If only you want to hear it and it's kinda important to us." Julie looks at you and starts playing with the pen. "Tell me about it."

"He did killed someone.... It could be a rumor but, I think we should try to investigate him. Based on his resume, there's no such thing he did a crime but we've to be cautious. Just in case."

"Okay. I'll ask Karley to do that."

You went out and go to the toilet. On your way back to your room, you saw Corbyn, standing in front of the men toilet but he's busy talking on his phone.

"Hey. I've got one thing for you to do."

"Sure. What's it?" Corbyn said.

"Well, do you want to go on date with Miss Belle?"

"But, can we let she be our last target? I don't wanna get caught...."

You try to greet him, in a casual way after he ends the phone call. "Hi, corbyn!" You said. He startled a bit and you can see he's kinda look like a guy that's just commited a crime. "Oh, hey, Miss Hartley."

"Are you okay?"

"I am... Its just my sister... She's sick and my mum is out of the town so no one be able to take care of her. I've to get back early and I'll take a day off, only this Friday.... Well, is that okay? I'll be back again to do my work on Sunday." He said.

"I'll let you take your day off on Friday and you can just do your work on Monday since your sister is sick..."
You said as you smiled at him. "Thank you."

***

"So, where's that cutie pie?" Julie asked. "Smh. Why do you wanna know where is he?" She let out a little laugh and "Why? I'm your business partner. I deserve to know where he's though... I did told you to stay cautious."

You explained why to her. "I see.... Aww, poor that guy. Have you seen Anne?" You shake your head as in you don't see her or at least, hear she's talking to Naomi. "That's weird. She never skip her work days and, I bet you don't know why..." You nodded. "Dang, what's happening right now? Everything seems not right after that guy came..."

It's your responsibility to look out for the others. You can't help but agree with her this time after what she just said. She has a point and the fact that Corbyn isn't here as well seems suspicious. This ain't right...

But, making an assumption bout one of the worker is not a part of being professional when it comes to work.

"Julie. We really need to tell Karley about it as soon as possible. I've a bad feeling bout it and, you're right. My brain and heart kinda cooperate with each other this time. Thanks, my friend." You dial Karley number and text her. She replies within seconds.

"Well, I've got tons of things to do. Julie, why don't you start doing your work right now? Stop gossiping around and, tell me anything that you think is important." You push her out of your room and close the door immediately.

"Oh god. After one thing happened, another disaster came around...What happen to my life right now?" You sighed.

***

"Anne. Do you want, some, uh, wine? Do you prefer it white or red wine? SAY SOMETHING!"

Hands tied. Mouth covered with tape. Anne, sitting on the chair and feeling helpless. Corbyn gets near her and open the tape that's on her mouth. "FUCK YOU! I SHOULD'VE KNOWN AND TOLD BELLE ABOUT THIS!"

"Shit. You're a trouble... You wanna tell her? Go ahead. You can try to run or whatever you want, but, I know who's your lover boy, sweetheart. Don't you think he deserves to stay alive instead of getting killed because of you? Come on. I've been doing this for more than 6 years and it's just, turns out I'm a master of hiding yet manipulating things.... You have to decide. Its either you stay quiet or your boyfriend is going to be dead,tonight? Or I'll killed you for the sake of my reputation..."

"Honey? Aww, I'm so sorry..."

"You can't do this to me, idiot! I know he's out there tryna find me and you're just a fucking psycho after all. Go ahead kill me. I rather die rather than seeing you everyday at work! That's fucking disgusting, bastard! I hope someday, the whole world know, how fucked up you're and what kinda person you're!!"

"Shut up!"

The gunshot followed as he's done talking. "I better go before I got caught."