"Miss, you can't en—"

"Shut the f*ck up," I cursed and passed through them without another word.

The guards were baffled but made no move to catch me. I saw Zeke's room and knocked on it. I didn't care about how I looked. My family was mire important than my appearance.

The door unlocked showing a startled Zeke with bed hair and eye bags. My eyes teared up again at the sight of him. He truly looked a lot like my little brother—only tamer and more mature.

"Gayle? What are y—"

I disrupted his speech and hugged him. I couldn't help it. They had different scents but I didn't care.

"Gayle?" He asked and removed me from here. He observed my tear-stained cheeks, "What happened?"

I took a deep breath and wiped my tears. I calmed down a little with the hug from before. I gave him a pained smile, "Please kick me out of the competition."

"What?" He asked in disbelief, "why?"

I pursed my lips and avoided his gaze, "Please just do."

"A-Alright. You may leave when you want to," he said and gripped my shoulders, "but tell me what happened."

I shook my head and held his hands to take it off my shoulders, "You don't need to comfort me," I chuckled, "kicking me out is enough. Thank you, I'll be leaving at once."

I left him right after without explaining. I went back to the hall where our rooms were located and saw an opened door.

I should say goodbye to everyone and say sorry.

I wanted to leave with no regrets. That won't be enough to atone for my sins but I want to go to my family with at least a little purity.

What I saw there made my eyes wide with shock.

"Bloom? Harriet? Christine?" I asked and made their attention turn to me, "what the f*ck are you doing?!"

The three girls were surrounding a person lying on the ground, covered in red sticky fluid.

Bloom whistled, "Looks like we've been found out, Harriet."

Harriet chuckled, "Well, what can one pathetic loser do?"

Christine crouched down and slapped the dead maid on the ground, "Want to see her closely, Gayle?"

"Oh and you look like you found out about what we did with your family," Bloom stated and smirked, "now run off, loser."

I balled my fists and glared at them, "You traitors."

The three of them laughed like we were all sharing a joke. I was getting sick of seeing the corpse on the floor.

Harriet twirled a knife as she approached me, "See this, Gayle?" She stopped spinning it and made a cut on her wrist, "Ooh sharp."

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked.

"Oh nothing," Harriet stated, "just threatening you."

"Don't worry, we won't kill you," Christine assured, "we'll just kill those left of your family."

"Don't you dare," I said with menace.

Bloom smirked, "Oh we won't. If you keep your mouth shut that is."

I took a deep breath to calm myself. I can't let my aunts and uncles die. They're all I have left.

"Oh and the best friend you left?" Bloom added, "we'll kill him too if you tell on us."

Dean? They'll kill him?

"My mouth is sealed so keep your promise," I told them and left.

"Good girl!" They yelled after me.

I let the tears fall as I went to my room. How could my life be this way? Was I such a bad girl? I kept on walking blindly and suddenly bumped into someone. She fell down to the floor.

How ironic. It was Haidee. The girl I so despised before but now I don't feel such hate.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Haidee apologized from the floor.

I smiled at me and took her hand to pull her up, "It's okay."

"I'm really sorry, Gayle." She said with an apologetic smile, "I wasn't looking."

I gave her a small smile and said, "So was I. Let's head to dinner now, shall we?"

She smiled and we started walking to the dining hall together.

"Haidee," I called the girl beside me.

"Hmm?"

"I know I've been a b*tch to you and I'm sorry for that," I apologized without  looking at her.

She stopped walking and looked at me with disbelieving eyes, "You're apologizing?"

I nodded and smiled, "I've been terrible to everyone but mostly to you. When I came here, I noticed that you were the perfect princess this country needs and I hated you for it. I also hated when you were really close to the prince."

"Gayle, why are you saying this?" She asked with a serious look in her eyes.

I looked at her with a small smile. From all the other girls here, she'd  be the fittest for the title of queen. Her decorum was on point and her looks weren't disappointing too.

"You will be the queen and I am your loyal subject," I stated and bowed to her a little, "I asked the prince to kick me out."

She gasped, "What?"

I nodded, "I shouldn't be here when I know I'm not going to win."

"But every one of us has a chance!" She negated but I could see a little joy in her eyes.

I shook my head and smiled, "I'm only here because my family is a friend of the royals."

"Butㅡ"

I took both of her hands and looked her in the eyes, "Win for me, okay? And be careful of who you trust."

"What? Why?"

I shook my head. I wanted to tell her but those three made me sworn to secrecy. I can't have other people die. "I can't tell you. Goodbye, Haidee. Have a good life."

The third book still has a long way to go (I mean seriously I haven't even finished chapter 1) but the plot is already settled. I'm posting The King after the Discord's Daughter's last chapter so stay tuned! :>>