"Godzilla followed us thousands of miles out of an instinctual need to protect me" Nick said in slight awe at the beast that was now defending them.

"Give yourself the credit why don't ya? There's also Cordula if you haven't noticed"

Elsie pointed out at Cordula who was busy looking at Godzilla to even notice Nick and Elsie looking at her. The worm managed to club Godzilla by its tail but Godzilla was quick on his feet to come back up.

The worm tried to dig an escape but it only screeched when Godzilla bit its tail and was pulled down. The team watched as they continued the battle underground.

When they came back up, Godzilla was clinging onto El Gusano before firing from up above from where they are came.

Cordula saw ropes being brought down and everyone began to hastily climb up. Cordula turned her attention back to the fight while Nick tried to persuade the general not to attack either of the two.

Her gaze was cut off from the fight however because of the mean looking missile aimed at the two. She took note of the markings on the bomb before she gasped when it was aimed at Godzilla as well.

"Stop!"

"No!"

Cordula and Nick screamed when the missile engaged and zoomed at the two monsters. Green gas sprayed all over the two and the effect was rapid.

Cordula looked at El Gusano in horror when the creature began to grow and it almost looked stronger. El Gusano screeched and dug its escape. Godzilla roared but began rubbing his eyes and let out a low moan in pain.

"What'a happened to him?"

Elsie asked as Godzilla swayed while rubbing his eyes and rubbed his head on the cliff sides and he roared out loud before he suddenly collapsed and disappeared into the sea.

"No!"

Nick screamed while Mendel gasped. Cordula covered her mouth in horror while Randy, Elsie and Monique watched the scene with disbelief.

***

They had found the still body of Godzilla near the Heat Seeker and they immediately set to work on reviving him.

"Visual Contact Established. Subject Remains Unconscious. Pupils Responsive To Light. Respiration Erratic"

Mendel and Randy took the mini-sub to check on Godzilla at a distance while Monique, Nick and Cordula scuba dived towards Godzilla.

"Heart Beat Decreasing"

N.I.G.E.L reported making Mendel and Randy look at each other with worried looks.

"I don't know what was in that bio weapon but I do know we can't treat him underwater. Contact with Godzilla may mean exposing ourselves to whatever toxins are in his system. The three of us are on the highest risk"

Nick informed Monique and Cordula. He had no qualms with Cordula in helping out Godzilla but with Monique he wasn't so sure.

"I understand if you don't want to" Nick said to Monique but she merely pulled the lever and off they went underwater towards Godzilla "If anyone wants to back out, do so now" Nick called to the others and Randy gave a glance at Mendel.

"Why you looking at me?" Mendel asked defensively. Elsie lowered down the tube for Nick and Monique to pull down towards Godzilla's nostrils while Cordula checked to see if there were external damages Randy and Mendel missed.

"If we can get enough air to Godzilla's lungs, his positive buoyancy should bring him to the surface"

Nick as as they placed the tube and secured it to Godzilla "Initiating Toxicological Protocols" N.I.G.E.L beeped as he swam near Godzilla's teeth "I never thought that he could look so vulnerable" Randy commented as they brought the mini-sub close "Can we maybe steer away from his teeth?" Mendel asked with slightly unnerved.