Eight) You Look Cute In Secrets 。

"Leighton, would you like to play a new game with me?" With his face close to mine, it was obvious Lee curious to play, "A big massive game, one which we're already level eleven and we're here at boss mode."

His head tilted to the side, wonder burning in his hetero chromatic eyes. "What type of game?" The controller slipped out of his hands, a pin dropping against the floor.

"A fun one, where already playing now and all we need to do is help each other," I leaned in closed, out foreheads touching, "We need to help each other to find a new Paradise, one far away from here."

He quickly pulled away, his bottom lip pouting at me.

Crumbs.

"I...I want to, but...but won't Zero and Cole be mad?" His eyes became glossy, his hands fisting my shirt.

"Oh, Lee, I didn't mean to make you upset. And, no-one couldn't be mad at you, your too cute to be mad at." Whispering, I put one of my hands on top of his, the other stroking the top of River's head.

"Paradise is everywhere and nowhere. We can't do this alone, we all love each other and if we do it alone we'll be hurting th-"

"Leighton...Lee, we won't be alone, Beryl, Quinn, Mason, they all want a chance of being happy, for real. You can be happy too." Please, please trust me. I can't tell him everything will be okay, because it won't. But once you're at the bottom, the only way you can go is up.

His bottom lip stopped quivering, his green and brown eyes clearing up. With both his hands on my arms, he tugged me impossibly closer, his body flushed against mine. His hands looped into my hair, the other on my thigh, little tingles dancing on his finger tips.

River had subconsciously moved away in his sleep, allowing Leighton and I more room.

"I'm going to believe you, and, I'm going to kiss you." His teeth lightly nipped on my lower lip before pressing his full lips to mine. His hand tugged mine to his hair, gently undoing his man-bun. A small whimper escape his lips, his hands leading me away from the beanbags and the sleeping River.

His lips left me, a small mischievous giggle leaving his swollen lips, "I've only known you for day but I like you; your going through hell and it hasn't broken you yet." Leighton's giggle broke into little cries, the mix seemingly normal to him.

Yet. He said it hasn't broken me, yet.

"My head is a scramble of words, there's not enough paper in the world for me to write it down on," Leighton sprawled out on the bed, a grin attempting to hide his tears. "I'll go to sleep and I'll remember the way your hands felt, how I can slip right between your arms. I'll remember how Paradise is still there. That they're watching all of us,

"It doesn't matter where you go, we'll never be free. Luca, we're trapped in a never ending circle of death." His head tilted back on this pillows, his face hiding into the shadows.

"Paradise can make death their thing but doesn't me we have too," I crawled next to him, comfortingly stroking his silky hair.

I want to help them. And not for the selfish benefit that I could possibly manipulate them or use them as decoys. No, it's for the fact that after one day, people can change the way you see things.

"Then what's our thing?"

Well...what is our thing? The fact that we kiss random people on our first day? Like Lee and Quinn. It's all team work is what Quinn had told me, that we need to depend on each other.

"Team work, one big group effort." Leighton genuinely smiled in agreement, wiping his tears away.

I'll make sure that I never see him cry again.

But what about yourself, Crybaby?

A loud ringing sound pierced though the room, River's tired eyes quickly staring in our direction. Leighton jumped on his feet, dragging me up with him.

The long dark bags under his eyes haunting his red, puffy eyes. It made his long-drawn face unrecognizable in the mist of fear and confusion.

"What's going on, Lee?" He just tugged me along to the door. River stood there; rocking back and forth off the balls of his feet.

Something isn't right.

The lights changed to a flashing red, making Leighton and River scramble out of the room quicker. With both of them grasping on my hands, we shuffled through the door.

Lee was the first one out, quickly running towards Zion who was rubbing a religious cross between his fingers.

Quinn and Beryl both ran towards me, their faces blurred with the red flashing lights.

"What's happening?" Calling out to them, they only wrapped me in their warm embrace, letting River walk over to the relaxed Zero.

"It's play time for Paradise."