12 ── Mother's Mistakes

( Florida, 2014 )

( Miami )

ONCE SHE HAD GOTTEN HOME, HAJIRA ARYA JUST WANTED TO SLEEP AND FORGET EVERYTHING. The sight of her mother and Rosa arguing in joint apartment had just furthered that wish.

"What're you doing here, Prasha?" she asked coldly, not having the time or patience.

"I can't visit my darling daughter?" she sounded almost hurt, shocked.

"At this point, not really. You could've told me that instead of randomly showing up at my apartment!"

"I'm your mother—" her voice began to raise before Hajira's put hers to a stuttering halt.

"I don't care!" she shot back, already frustrated. It was uncommon for her to snap at times like this but still, it was highly warranted.

"You can't talk to me like that—"

"I can! You will not be busting into my apartment, rudely interrupting my roomate's own life and you will not interrupt my life just because you got lonely in that fancy penthouse of yours. So, next time you wanna try that, ask the grown woman in front of you. Okay?" she sternly stared at the woman she'd internally yelled at all these years. With her voice becoming not even slightly friendly, she got a hesitant nod. "Just call yourself a cab, I'm not dealing with this, not today."

Walking away, she reached her room, away from the very person she'd gladly yell at. Even she had to admit that it had been so long since the last time she had an outburst like that. It felt good but also exhausting. She had so much pent up frustration about the very woman who had brought her into this world.

"Jira..." Rosa walked in quietly, not wanting to bother the Indian woman even more.

"Rosa, god, I'm sorry you saw that—" she began to apologize with remorse and disappointment before feeling the latina's own warm skin come into contact with hers. Her arms wrapped around Hajira, chalk full of affection, the kind of affection she'd always give to those around her. It was a sense pf a understanding, in a way.

"Don't be sorry. I've got you and I understand."

"I...thank you. Thank you." She merely muttered another 'thank you' to express her solemn gratitude as they held onto each other, glad they had the other.

────── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ──────

The next day, Hajira was glad to have some sort of relief with her own problems but alas, even worse things seed to occur overnight. With a bit of catching up, Jane had a fight with Michael because he had withheld information about Petra's affair and was willingly let the whole baby deal be worse than it should've been. And of course, Jane decided she wanted to raise the baby instead of it being in that kind of household, well, mess would've been a better word for it. Jane had even finally talked to her mother again.

She had found herself at her desk with too many problems on her mind as she sorted through some issues that Rafael had been told about. She sorted through them easily but she ended up encountering yet another one as she picks up the phone to only be greeted with Michael's annoying voice.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't hang up this phone right now, Cordero" she sternly stated as he frantically pleaded to keep her on the line.

"Hajira, please, Jane and I had a fight and—"

"You lied straight to her face for god knows how long and you knew this baby meant a lot—it still does" she interrupted, irritated and angry at the police officer. She always had a feeling Michael would mess up, big time and in no time, he did just that. "And you still lied."

"Yes, but it was just to protect her and—"

"That wasn't protecting her! That was you being afraid and still not wanting this baby even though it means so much to Jane. So if you have nothing else meaningless to say, bye Michael."

"Hajira, wait—"

"I said bye, Michael" she seethed through her teeth, roughly pushing down the phone to greet a surprised Rafael at her door. Quickly becoming head, she glances away. "S-Sorry, I, uh, was dealing with someone."

"Michael?" he guessed with a rise of his brow.

"Yeah" she darkly chuckled, knowing it was not the first time she got irritated with the man. "This is just another time he has made me angry and annoyed."

"Didn't think you had it in you to be angry" he teased, having not seen her genuinely angry in the time they've talked.

With a chuckle, she smiles right after, "Sometimes, I thought that too." Looking at her watch, she gets up, noticing it's already lunch time. "Maybe I can eat my anger out."

"Mind if I take you up on that? We both can eat out our feelings" he jokingly asked, trailing behind as she stepped out of her office to sprint to the food kiosks.

"Knock yourself out" she giggled with a blush on her cheeks as he launched another teasing conversation.

'An interesting week, it was.'

── authors note ──
Hi I'm tired

── authors note ──Hi I'm tired