9 ── Issues

( Florida, 2014 )

( Miami )

"SO, HOW WAS YOUR DATE WITH NICK?" ROSA ASKED HAJIRA. It had been a few says since their dinner and Rosa had finally asked her after so many days of long hours of work. "C'mon, you've gotta say something about it!"

"It was not a date, we went out for dinner, like old times. And it was a very nice dinner if you must know."

"Dinner is a date, Jira. But didn't think this was how you'd be getting over Rafael" she teased, resulting in a nervous chuckle from the woman in question.

"I never said it was my way of doing that."

"Then why'd you go to dinner with someone you're not crushing on? That makes no sense."

"It's called hanging out, Rosa. You do enough of it, you should know" she sassily replied, looking at her watch. Her break was coming upon them but she still had about half-an-hour before it. As of recent, she tried taking as many breaks as she could with the increasing work pile. "Still another thirty-minutes until our break."

"So, another thirty-minutes where we can see Adom in pure panic!" she sarcastically exclaims.

"Wait—what is he panicking over?"

"About his art."

"I thought he was selling it on the side?"

"He is but some freelancing dude is offering to sell it as some pitch to some huge—deal painters."

"That's great! But where is he?" she asks the latina, not having seen him all day.

"He was right by the counter—", she begins to say as she turns around but ends up not seeing him, "Okay, then, I have no idea."

"Let's see where he is" Hajira mutters before setting off for multiple areas around the hotel. First, they checked the various hallways and lounging areas but had found him only after finally going near the pool. He was at the minibar, twiddling with his thumbs.

"Adom?" Rosa called out, grabbing his attention. He abruptly turned around to see them but they clearly could see his worried look. His eyes had darted around, another sign of panic.

"Adom, you okay?" Hajira asked, full of concern.

"Not really, no."