Worst In Me

∞§∞§...Worst In Me-Julia Michaels...§∞§∞
Non Magic AU

Baz
   I really thought he was different. I really thought he meant what he said. I love you. What absolute bullshit. I should've known. I...I shouldn't have trusted him.
   And the crazy part is
   I
   Still
   Love
   Him.
   Simon Snow, what the hell are you doing to me?

Simon
   I've really fucked it up now.
   I...I hadn't meant to say it. I just, my dad...he's...I-I just froze.

   "God Simon, you're so fucking sexy when you play soccer, damnit. I swear, I could take you here and now." Baz said. I smiled slyly.
   "Come on lover boy."
   I lead him through the trees, far enough in so that no one could see us from the soccer pitch. I pushed him up against a tree and stared at him before pushing our lips together.
   Baz inhaled sharply, a little surprised. My hands ran under his shirt, tracing circles on his stomach. He bit my bottom lip, and swiped his tongue across it. I gave him access, not even bothering to fight for dominance. I would let him do anything to me if he asked.
   "What the bloody hell is this?!"
   I broke away from Baz so fast I didn't even register it for a few seconds. A hand grabs my bicep and pulls me forward, forcing me to stare right into my dad's eyes.
   "There'd better be a good explanation for this, or you won't see a shred of daylight for the next twenty years boy." He growled. I immediately spat forward the first thing that came to mind.
    "He-he jumped me, dad. He lead me in here, telling me he had something important to say, a-and he...he kissed me." I couldn't even look Baz in the eye. I didn't need to. I could tell what he was thinking.
   Everything was silent for a second, and then my dad advanced on Baz. "You mother fucker," he punched Baz. "If I ever catch you touching my boy again," another punch landed. "I'll do a lot more than punch you." One final punch collided with Baz's face before I heard a body hit the forest floor.
   "Come along son."

   Two weeks later, and we still haven't spoken. I avoid him at all costs, which I suppose only makes the rift worse. I just, I can't face him.

                                                           *Months later*
    Screw this.
   Fucking screw this.
   I love Baz. I love him, but I can't do anything about it because of this stupid hold my dad has on me. So, if I eliminate this fear, I can act on my love, right?

I stomp down the steps into the living room where my dad is watching Black Mirror. I clear my throat.
   "I'm leaving.''
   Silence for one...two...three...four seconds.
   "What."
    "I-I'm leaving." A quite giggle resonates throughout the room. The TV is paused. The giggle grows into a roaring laughter. He's laughing so hard he's crying.
   He wipes at his eyes, and tries to catch his breath. "No you're not dumbass."
    "Yes, I am."
   "No, Simon. You're not. You don't have the guts." Dad's getting aggravated now. I still push forward.
   "Yes I am, and yes I do. I'd do anything for love." My dad growls.
   "What the bloody fuck does that mean." He growls. I take a deep breath.
   "Do you remember that day you caught me in the woods with Baz? And I told you he'd jumped me? Well, he didn't. I love him, whether you like it or not, and I'm leaving."
   My dad looks taken aback for a change, and it takes him a minute to formulate words. "You fucking god forsaken mistake! Why the hell—who brought you up like this, cause I certainly didn't! Don't you think you've done enough?! First you take Lucy away from me, and now you do this?! What the fucking bloody hell is wrong with you!" He roars. "Get the hell out of my house!"
   So I run. I run, and run, and run.

Baz
   Someone rings the doorbell.
   "I got it!" I shout.
   When I open the door, it's like a dream. Or a nightmare. Either would suffice.
   "Hi Baz." Simon Snow says.
   I almost slam the door in his face, but he puts is hand up. I notice he's panting, and his shoes are covered in mud. "Please hear me out Baz." He doesn't even pause for me to respond. "Look, I was really scared all those months ago. My dad is the devil incarnate, and I'm so sorry I let you fall prey to him. But you should know, I ran here because he kicked me out. I stood up to him, Baz. I did it. I'm so sorry, truly. I never meant to hurt you."
   He stands there panting, trying to catch his breath for a few seconds. I stare at him, maintaining suspense for a few seconds.
   "What's it to me?"
   Simon looks at me, confused. I'm tempted to laugh, but hold it back. "You didn't seriously expect me to just take you back like that?" I snap my fingers. "He punched me Simon. And you did nothing. Nada. I'm afraid it's gonna take a lot more than that to get me back."
   And with that, I shut the door.

     I check my alarm clock, 1:03 am. I sigh, and reach to turn my light off when a knock sounds at my door.
   "Hey Baz? You know that boy that was here earlier? Well, he's still here. I just thought you should know."
   I cross my room in two strides, and swing the door open.
   "He's still here?"
   Morelia gives me a funny look. "Yeah..." I push past her, race down the stairs, and throw open the front door. Simon stands up immediately. "Baz—"
   I don't give him a chance to speak before I kiss him like I've never kissed him before.

Published: 4/15/19
Word Count: 999