Brad had this obsession with making our mother proud. If only mother had enough of a heart to give a fuck. It felt like she was perfectly comfortable with ignoring his love.

Brad went on to be this big shot lawyer whom of which Ivanov Corp hired as a private attorney. I, on the other hand, went on to run this shit show of a company.

-

The first drag from the joint was astronomically profound. I sat back into the futon as I let the smoke escape past my lips. Alex paused for what seemed like ages, deciding on whether or not he was going to accept the joint I was trying to pass to him. Slowly but surely, those long pale fingers reached out and grabbed it.

Everything seemed to be okay as he brought the joint to his lips and inhaled. It was on his exhale, where things went south. One minute everything was smooth, the next, he was coughing up a lung.

"Easy. Easy." I instructed, patting his back as he took a drink from his cup, then another hit.

-

"I just think it's incredibly rude and inconsiderate asking someone to clear off a virus from your computer because you were caught watching porn again ya know? Like where's the respect? The boundaries? Hell, I'd argue, the love?" Alex joked as he continued to explain to me this hilarious scenario.

Wasn't sure who this Derek guy was still. Alex told me he was one of the two employees I passed as I came to see him. The way he spoke about Derek made me realize just how close they were. Him and... Jan? Jane? Janice? They were like the three musketeers.

I could tell that by this point, Alex was most definitely drunk. His words had started to slur together, with his cheeks growing rosier and rosier. I didn't mind, however. I liked seeing him like this...

Less tense.

Whenever he was around me, he acted as if I was going to snap at him at any moment.

I guess I hadn't really done much to discredit the opinions everyone had of me, and my temper. Brad would argue that "opinions" wouldn't be the right word choice. He had seen me smash my laptop to pieces just weeks ago. I guess my temper didn't really fall under the category of speculation.

Alex's eyes drew heavy as his story came to an end. The clock on his side table read close to 1:00am. I wasn't sure how the time had gone by so quickly when I could have sworn it was no later than 10pm a few minutes ago. "Is it bed time?" Alex mumbled. He had started to get a little too situated on the futon, and the adult in me knew I needed to move him before he made this stiff couch his bed for the night.

His neck and spine alignment would thank me tomorrow.

"Most definitely." I replied. He sort of made one half assed attempt to help me collect the papers sprawled everywhere, but I just swatted his hand away. "Let's get you to bed."

"But it's so far." He grumbled.

I took one good look at his small ass apartment... and somehow I found that very fucking hard to believe.

"Come on." I laughed. He took the lead as he drunkenly lead me to a door at the end of a small hallway. There were a few moments where I thought he was going to topple over all together, but he managed to get into his room.

The room itself was actually quite nice. Throughout his house, I got this feeling that he really did enjoy a slightly modern touch. Of course every appliance in his house was outdated, but he worked well with what he had.

As soon as his legs felt the edge of his bed, Alex more or less collapsed onto the mattress. "Are you all good to go?" I asked. He gave me a head nod, or at least attempted to. His face was still squished into his pillow.

"Alrighty." I chuckled. "Goodnight." I moved to get the lights and close the door, but Alex's once lifeless body sprung into action.

"Wait! You're heading out? It's so late."

I barely made out what he had said because his face was still partly covered. He turned his face to look up at me when I hadn't responded for a moment.

Did I want to make the drive back to my house this late at night?

No, not really.

I glanced back at Alex as his glazed over orbs stared at me expectantly. The bed was indeed large enough for two... and it did look incredibly comfortable.

Just a few hours? I thought to myself.

Yes. Just a few hours, I decided.

••