Manik shook his head and sighed before getting up,
Manik: U relax, I'll make one for her myself.... She'll anyway spit this one out on my face, u make the worst coffee dude...

Cabir chuckled at him hitting him back,
Cabir: Its not my fault that u two love birds drink the most bitter poison like coffee...

Manik smiled at his words moving towards the kitchen,
Manik: I guess that makes us what we are! The best couple, isn't it?

Cabir scoffed at his words ignoring him as he moved to his room. Manik made Nandini's coffee and moved to the guest room to find Nandini already up, sitting on the bed and typing something on her phone.

Manik: Hey good mrng, u up?

Nandini: My comfy pillow left me alone!
Nandini whispered back in a reply making Manik chuckle as he sat by her side and forwarded her the coffee.

Manik: Well, I guess he left u alone to get u some special coffee on bed...

Nandini finished typing whatever she was and kept her phone aside taking the cup from him.

Nandini: That was Rishu, I just left a msg to him!
Manik nodded at her,
Manik: Good u did... I did too!

Nandini took a sip of the coffee and looked down while Manik just stayed shut until he asked her,
Manik: Are u fine Nandini?

He looked up at her watching her thinking hard until she asked back in a little voice,
Nandini: Would it be okay if I say that I m not?

Manik picked up her hand from her lap and intertwined his fingers with hers, holding it up in front of them.

Manik: U see this Nandini.... This is gonna stay the same. No matter u r fine or not... This hand is gonna be stuck along with urs Always!

Nandini smiled at his words, nodding at it. A silence took upon between them again as Nandini continued having her coffee. She finished it soon and kept the cup aside,
Nandini: Thanks for the coffee.... It was perfect, just the way I like it!

Manik: Nah... Just the way we like it!
Manik replied making her chuckle softly before she silenced again and looked down at her lap.

Manik: U wanna talk about it??

Nandini took a deep breath knowing that she to speak up and finally started,
Nandini: As u know, I went to meet Dad's Lawyer last night....

-----------------
*Flashback*

Lawyer: I knew u were in boarding and all, but somewhere down the line I was concerned about the person u would grow up to be.... The lack of family does destroy people.... But u did prove me wrong, and I m sure ur father would have been very proud of u today!

Nandini bit her lip not willing to shed tears as she smiled softly at the Old Man.
Nandini: Thank u Uncle... But to be frank, the only reason why I m here today is to get the keys of the Moorthy Mansion from u. I mean, with all this happening around, I need some closure before starting this new life and the only way to that is Home. I wanna be home, I wanna feel the warmth of that place again.

The lawyer looked confused by Nandini's words as he looked back down to his files.

Lawyer: What are u talking about Nandini??? This is all of it!

Nandini: All of it? What do u mean?? U just said this is only the 75% right!

Lawyer: Yes... This is the 75%... But the other 25%, which included all the shares and plots that he owned here in Mumbai, basically related to his work. This was all the stuff that he dealt with on the daily basis and was on his name, so automatically after him, it went to both u and ur mother.