"No way..." he muttered. "How did he manage to give himself free will?"

'And that's not the worst of it.' Barracuda sighed. 'The poor guy looked 13 or so and he didn't have a pair of headphones. He was still technically a kid.'

With that statement, all three of us fell silent. The snake woman gulped. Fresh's eyes slowly widened into saucers. 

"He was a kid?" He muttered. "Who got Corrupted?"

Barracuda nodded.

"He was a KID? Oh my god I can't believe- Did he get pushed in or did he fall in himself? For the love of- that poor thing didn't deserve that..."

'Fresh?' my eyebrows raised. He's only guilty of corrupting someone, directly or not, if they're a child? 'You don't like corrupting kids?'

"No... I never Corrupt kids." He shook his head as he looked down. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a Corrupted without a pair of headphones. At least he still has pretty strong Morals despite being a demon king. "What happened, Barracuda?"

'I just... remember blacking out and then I found myself in a cave... I made my way here as fast as I could, dropped my snakes off in my room as I did so. What's going on? You seem really really on edge, Fresh.'

His lips curled as he revealed his sharp teeth in a scowl and his fists clenched. There was a deep unease within his soul.

"Take a wild guess." He muttered. Barracuda's eye widened as she realised what he meant.

'Oh... OH.'

Fresh sighed and turned around.

"I need some time alone." He muttered to the two of us. Barracuda just tensed. She looked at me and scanned her eyes over my figure. They focused on something.

"What happened to your wrists?" She pointed a finger at my forearms. Crap. I spent the past hour or so wearing just that dress. The leather jacket Fresh gave me was still lying on my bedroom floor, so the pure white bandages that was a horrid reminder of yesterday was fully visible.

'Got hurt.' I muttered ambiguously. I felt a hot tingling sensation cover my forehead, like pins and needles, but hot. 'Fresh patched it up.'

"Oh." Her tone suddenly went serious, like she knew the truth. "Wanna talk about it?"

'I'll pass...'

"Okay, anyway, what did- Nnngh...!" Barracuda's sentence was interrupted by a sudden grunt of pain. She quivered slightly. My eyes widened and I shifted my centre of gravity toward her. Her eye was clenched tightly shut in pain and she clutched her head with her pink clawed hand.

'Barracuda? Are you okay?' I lifted my arms up, ready to do anything at a moments notice.

When she opened her eye, to my astonishment, her iris was a deep gold. Even the light seemed to reflect off the shiny surface of her eye, a trait that belonged to normal humans and not Corrupted people. It was that surprise I felt to her normal-looking eyes that reminded me that I have spent far too much time with Corruption.

"Barracuda?"

She blinked and looked up at me. Now her eye was back to the normal shade of pink. 'Yeah?'

"You okay? You looked like you were in pain..."

'Yeah... I guess I'm okay... I think I'll go to the infirmary... I want to sleep...' She muttered as she turned around and stumbled away. Her eye literally turned gold for a second. She is not okay. But like this, what can I do? I spun on my heel and decided to check up on Fresh. I knocked on his bedroom door.