New Family (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Which would explain why Godzilla left so quickly in the early morning when he was tall and big enough to look for you"

And my father said to look for a mate.

Elsie looked at Nick as she leaned down to his shoulder with her left arm supporting her "You think, it thinks you're its mother?!" It was ridiculous notion for me but how else would Godzilla act this way unless it recognized the scent of its parent.

"How else do you explain why it didn't hurt me. This Godzilla is different from the first one" Nick confirmed while the Mexican and the lab coat guys stared at each other and I couldn't help but agree however it seems like Elsie completely threw it all off "You're insane! I'm calling Hicks!" She said as she stormed off to the balcony.

Nick and the others followed her out "You're a Paleontologist Elsie, why the rush to destroy your only living specimen?" Nick argued "Common sense" Elsie shot back "Past experience" The blond guy added "23 billion and property damage from his old man?" The Mexican guy finished and I huffed.

Nick glared at them "The past experience and common sense I can agree but can you really put the blame on the creature's father when it's only reason was to raise its children. You guys try to be the prey once when you kill animals for food to give to your family" I shot back with sass.

There was silence as they all looked at me "Well-no-I'm just saying-" The Mexican tried to explain before Nick intervened "I've been right about this creature so far just trust me on this" He said to his team before he turned to me.

"Since it seems that Godzilla knows you I think its best if you help out in this study" I smiled "So long as they are harmless to him" All eyes turned to Godzilla who stared back at them "IF it looks at me wrong even once, I am reuniting it with the rest of its family" Elsie relented.

"You're not seriously letting him study it?" The blond guy said incredulously "You don't have to be part of the study if you don't want to. No one is forcing you anything here" I said and he merely gave me a shake of his head.

"Flush!, insane but flush!" The Mexican man said. I clapped my hands "I believe introductions are needed around here if I am going to help you guys study Godzilla"

***

Over the next few days the team studied Godzilla's behavior while Nick and Cordula, with the permission of her father to do the research, can often touch Godzilla with no hesitation, the others just stay clear from the creature's jaws. Mendel managed to create a similar call from Godzilla's roar to call him whenever they needed him for further testing on his behavior.

"It doesn't act on pure instinct like a lizard. It's displaying intelligence even loyalty" Nick said to Elsie who was holding a container filled with raw fish while they were on a docking area. Elsie looked at him "Looks like someone's projecting" Godzilla looked at them curiously but snatched a pair of raw fish when Elsie tossed them.

He gave a grateful coo to Elsie to relaxed before tensing up when he roared and bit down the barrel containing the rest of the fish and let out a content growl when he gobbled them all up. Cordula giggled when Elsie glared at her with less malice.

***

"Back up!"

Nick called out with Cordula beside him with his hands raised in a backing motion and Godzilla followed. Mendel came and stood beside Cordula with N.I.G.E.L "I ran some tests and there's no danger of it reproducing" Nick said to Mendel.

"One reason could be because of what had happened in the Godzilla attack or maybe he was going to be the runt in his family"

Cordula added before she saw N.I.G.E.L zoomed its way in front of Godzilla "N.I.G.E.L wait!" Mendel called out to his robot who ignored him and stood in front of Godzilla "Hello Stranger, new in town?" Cordula raised a brow at the feminine voice N.I.G.E.L broadcast-ed and Godzilla let out a confused noise.

"Who programmed him to say THAT?!" Mendel asked in an angry tone Cordula turned to see a smug looking Randy coming up behind them. Mendel turned to Randy and glared at him, it seems Randy likes to rile Mendel up.

Godzilla turned and the end of his tail whipped straight at N.I.G.E.L making the yellow bot fly "AAAAHHHH!" N.I.G.E.L screamed as the four of them ducked as he sailed pass them and landed close to the water. Damaged but still in working condition.

"Listen you little slacker hacker-" Mendel growled out as he pulled N.I.G.E.L to safety "What're you gonna do? sneeze on me?" Randy challenged with laid back one. Their argument was cut off short when the honk of a car drew their attention to a van.

Cordula blinked when a blond woman wearing a typical reporter clothes came out with her camera guy with his camera "Hello? Hello! Anybody home?" Elsie came out of the base to meet up with Nick.

"Audrey"

Nick said slowly as he trailed her name in his tone. Do they know each other? Cordula will never know until this woman introduced herself "To what do I owe you the pleasure?" Nick asked casually before Audrey fired out.

"You disappear for weeks, you don't return my phone calls and you still owe me that exclusive"

So he knew her on a certain boyfriend and girlfriend matter.

Her gaze went to Elsie who had a displeased look on her face "What's she doing here? And who's the new girl?" Audrey asked when her gaze went to Elsie and Cordula as Nick led her away "You know Nick you just couldn't stand to be away from me" Audrey said and Cordula wondered what had happened between the two of them before she heard the familiar swish of the waves Godzilla would make when he was going to rise up to the surface.

Oh No

"Well the whole family's here. What's going on?"

Cordula turned just in time to see Godzilla poking his head out curiously. She turned to see Nick and the gang with their face frozen with slight fear. Cordula waved her arms around for Godzilla to head back into the water and away from sight but it seems his attention was diverted to the two newcomers.

"Allow me to give you an exclusive demonstration of my latest creation"

Cordula gave him a worried look as she looked at him then at Godzilla "N.I.G.E.L" He gestured the yellow bot beside Audrey to come up forward "Hello...Baby!" N.I.G.E.L said as he turned to Audrey before looking back at Mendel.

"Uh..human personality interface. Very hush hush" Mendel said and Cordula finally got Godzilla's attention to head back to the water.

"Thank you, thank you very much" N.I.G.E.L said. Audrey gave him a suspicious look. The team watched as Cordula slowly directed an uninterested Godzilla back into the water and they all sighed with relief.

"Hmm...and what about you new girl?"

Audrey said as she turned to Cordula who had her hands raised. She quickly put them down and tried to come up with an excuse "I...uh...I'm the new intern for the research" She smiled innocently as she could.

***

Cordula had gone home early for her test tomorrow "Look after Godzillla carefully. I heard rumors about him attacking some ships" Cordula warned and the team vowed to make sure to safeguard him.

It won't be long before his name will come up in the news.