Quartet - Aftermath

Start from the beginning

Soon enough, they could hear voices. Confused voices of normal human beings. They looked up and were surprised to find that the pink had bled out and all colour had returned to their bodies. Reds. Oranges. Whites. Their eyes no longer resembled gaping voids as they darted around the room, confused. There were roughly 50 of them. But as time went on, most of their eyes settled on that of Skye. A woman with wings and deformed legs isn't something you see everyday, and they all crowded around her. 

"Hey! What's going on?" One yelled out. "Where are we? What happened?"

'Stay calm! Stay calm!' Lumina, being the people person she was, took charge. 'Listen. We don't know what exactly's going on either, but I think that pink guy who corrupted all of you was planning to use you as his slaves or something like that.'

At first she was met with an uproar, but as she convinced them she wasn't making all of it up, she told them everything. Immediately they listened, although among some of them there were some doubts. Most of them didn't even know what the dude looked like, and those who did had extremely vague memories of him. He was pink, sure, but their descriptions all varied. Some say he had long hair, some say he had short, some say he was missing a leg, some say he had one. Even the main quartet weren't 100% sure. A couple of the civilians that were rescued were drugged and had a limited sense of what's going around, which Skye, plus a few medical professionals and even one or two of Skye's co-workers at the Search and rescue brigade, tended to. During this time, Skye tried to Ask Trist a few questions, how he was, how he was feeling, and other stuff about his life. But Trist never even uttered a word. He was dead silent. Although his body and facial features were alive. His lips were curled up into a smile, using his facial expressions and body language to respond to Skye's questions. His forearms kept themselves close to his body, inner wrists instinctively pressed against his chest. This posture was very characteristic and specific to Trist and Trist alone. Quickly realising that Trist was probably either mute or really not the talkative type, Skye nodded, understood and just carried on with her work. However, she did talk to the Quartet. Tetra probably never let go of Trist not even once. It was an almost constant hug. And Trist never even let go of Tetra either, they both missed each other dearly and Trist just went through an extremely traumatising experience, it was perfectly understandable. Trist didn't show it for the sake of the four friends, but he was secretly terrified and on the verge of tears. But of course, Tetra felt that he wasn't feeling great, so they just comforted him. They would never verbally admit it, but they were scared shitless at the thought of losing him. Trist just held them. 

Once everything was under control, they thought it was all good.

Until they posed a question. What now?

And almost like magic, they heard more sirens. Sirens blared like screaming children throwing daggers into their ears as everyone frantically looked around for what was wrong. And a voice, through some sort of intercom, added to the cacophony of high pitched sounds.

"EMERGENCY PROTOCOL EMERGENCY PROTOCOL EMERGENCY PROTOCOL ALERT THE KING ALERT THE KING EMERGENCY PROTOCOL PLEASE EVACUATE IN A CALM AND CIVILISED MANNER" The surprisingly calm sound of a woman through the intercom made everyone on edge. But then, a couple of civilians yelled out as bright pink Corrupted with gaping black eyes appeared, but they posed no harm. They silently watched the masses of people, and in particular the four shapes that had just uncorrupted the part of the Tree of Life, before disappearing behind a corner. Almost instinctively, a few gung ho civilians chased after them. A few minutes later, they all came back, faces red. By the look of frustration on their faces, they hadn't managed to catch them. But not all hope was lost, because they instantly asked for the four kids and that winged woman. When they did get to them, they told them what had happened. Apparently they followed them through a couple corridors before they came to this massive place. It was surrounded by water, and there was a massive network that supposedly led to the tower. They all went up there, but after they entered, three walls closed in and blocked the entrance off. The only way to disengage the doors was to flip the switches, but they had solid metal protecting them. They even said that shortly before they left, they saw these weird, gigantic Circular things that looked like black holes, but they were on a platform too high up to reach. Tetra, Lumina, Quin and Pi all looked at each other before deciding that was where they were gonna go. And it's not like they were gonna leave Trist behind either, so the five of them all looked at Skye simultaneously. She just sighed. "I've never carried five people before..."