Eighteen

Hello Ryders! This is the last chapter of Book 3! So sad. Firstly i want to say thank you to all those who constantly commented with every update i did! YOU GUYS ROCK!

I will be taking a break from the Rider series, but don't worry i will still be updating my other books. So please go and check them out as they will be my main focus now.

I'm too happy with this update and it may end up changing later on.

But for now, Enjoy the last chapter of book 3 :)

***

"How are you up?" I whispered. I was shocked to see him standing at my door. Yes, I had tried to heal but I at least thought he would still be recovering.

Smiling, William came to a stop in front of me. "Someone used their magic to heal me." He seemed to be smiling at the situation.

"William, you could have died," I whispered, I couldn't help but feel he wasn't thinking right. Even thinking about what could've happened had my blood running cold.

Placing a hand on my cheek, his smile grew more. "Yet I'm glad I didn't."

Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes. He seemed too carefree, something just didn't feel right about this. "What happened in the hall, William?" The sound of his sudden intake of air confirmed that something wasn't quite right.

Taking a step back, he shook his head. "It doesn't matter."

I frowned at him. Of course, it mattered! He was keeping something from me and I needed to know. "William, tell me what happened in that room." I pressed. Gently grasping his hand in my own, I held his gaze.

Lowering his gaze from mine, his eyebrows creased together. "I know everything, Abagail."

Closing my eyes, I felt the air leave my lungs.

"I know what is happening to your body, and I know you have to choose between keeping the dragon riders alive or letting them die." Gripping the tops of my arms, William shook me slightly. "I won't let you die, Abagail. There has to be another way."

With a shake of my head, I pulled away. "There is no other way, William. I'd rather die than let the riders fall."

"But it's only with due time." He said.

"I don't want to think of it right now, William. Can we please just be happy that we won?" The last thing I wanted to be reminded of was the decision I needed to make. I already knew what I wanted to do, but admitting it would only making my choice harder.

Pulling me towards my bed, he sat down. "You look like you need to rest, and truth be told so do I." A small chuckle left his lips as he laid full on my bed. Taking a deep breath I too laid down with him.

The last time we were in this position, we had done things I never thought we would. Still thinking about that moment had me excited, yet as soon as the thoughts entered Luca's face flashed in my mind.

Ignoring it, I turned to gaze at the man beside me. He was true perfection. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a chiseled jaw. Although the war had taken a toll on him, I knew he had learned from this and would make a great King. Closing my eyes I let sleep take over. The last thing I felt was Williams's arms wrapping around my waist.

I felt warm, very warm. Groaning at the sudden warmth, I gazed around the area. It seemed I was back at the village and in my mother's cabin. I didn't understand what was happening.

Opening the door I was shocked by what was around me. Sitting in the middle of a river was the cabin, the only strange thing was the entrance to the cave of Noelle was to my left. Everything about this seemed off.

Walking further outside, I spotted someone down by the edge of the water, their back to me. Cautiously making my way towards them I felt drawn to them.

As if the man had heard me, he stood. "It's good to see you again, Abagail." Moving closer to him, I noticed who it was. It felt like all the air had been knocked out of my lungs at the sight of him. Standing in front of me with a bright smile, was Robert.

"Father," I whispered. He looked healthy and as I got closer to him I had to remind myself this was only a dream.

Shaking my head, I couldn't the frown that formed on my face. "You're not real."

"I am, Abagail." Moving closer, I was pulled into his arms. "The high gods allowed me to see you one last time." He whispered.

Squeezing my eyes close, I tried to fight the tears that threatened to fall. "I'm so sorry I couldn't save you," I whispered.

Holding me tighter, Robert laughed. "I knew what was going to happen when I went to get you. I'm just glad I got to you before Toban could do anything to you." Pulling away his gaze fell on my face. "There's something I must talk to you about."

Nodding I followed him towards a small log near the water. Something didn't feel right the longer he was quiet. "What's wrong?"

"There's a reason the gods asked me to see you, Abagail."

"Why would the gods want you to see me?"

Taking a breath he continued. "Toban must be stopped at all cost. They have seen the prophecy of the kingdoms, and if Toban isn't killed by the next red moon you will all die."

Frowning, I shook my head. "But the red moon is gone."

With a shake of his head, Robert grabbed my hand. Giving it a gentle squeeze his gaze fell on our hands. "Anna brought the red moon back and held it in place, meaning it threw off its cycle."

Sighing I felt my stomach drop. She had thrown the cycle of the moon off, effectively granting Toban a chance at hurting us all once again. "How long do we have?"

"You have eight full moons until the red moon comes. You must get rid of Toban by then."

Standing to my feet I felt determination fill me. "I need to inform William on this. We need an army-."

Robert stood, cutting me off. "You must be the one to kill him, Abagail."

"I don't understand."

"Toban's dealt with dark magic since he was young. His blood runs through you, Abagail. If any normal person tries to kill him they will die instead. Your blood connection with him is the only way he is going to die."

Looking away I thought about his words. "That also means I have to use magic, and if I do that it will kill me."

"I know." Robert knew what would happen. "I know what you end up choosing, Abagail. Yet I also want you to take the time to let yourself, love."

Opening my mouth to speak I was cut off by a high-pitched sound.

"Our time is up." Pulling me back into his arms, I felt his head burry in my neck. "I love you so much Abagail, and I'm so proud of the woman you have become."

Before I was able to say anything, everything around me went black.

Slowly opening my eyes I was greeted with William's sleeping face. Smiling, I gently placed my hand on his cheek. My heartfelt heaviness with the choices I needed to make and knowing there was nothing William could do to help only seemed to intensify it.

I felt so content laying here in William's arms. Everything that had happened over the past year felt like I had gone through hell, but yet in his arms, it felt as if I was reborn. The tips of his fingers stroking began to stroke my back, my eyes slowly drifting closed as a content smile graced my lips.

Although I could feel a long battle ahead of us, all I knew was I would do anything if it meant keeping William safe and King. Even if that meant taking on Toban alone.