One

Screams echoed throughout the vast field. Woman and children ran from the scene as men tried their best to stop the rogues attack, to no avail. It was all in vain as the rogues were too strong. The women screamed as their children were ripped away, as their kids screamed for their parents to save them. No one would, for they knew going against their King would end them up dead.

Sitting atop his horse, Toban smirked down at the village bellow him. Dragons in different shades of red and grey flew around breathing fire on the once happy village. This is what he wanted. He wanted the village to remember who their king was and who their king would always be. Once Toban had the Great Book, he would be able to live forever.

The power the book would give him, would be enough to have him living for many moons to come. Hearing the scream of  his people, Toban turned to look at his general. "I want all of them brought back to the Palace at once."

Bowing his head, the general nodded. "Yes my King."

"Very good." Kicking his heal into his black horse, Toban made his way back to the Palace. He had seen enough of the village, for now he wanted to focus on other matters. He needed to know where his wife was hiding his daughter, and with the many spy's around the kingdom he would soon find her.

Many moons ago, his wife and queen had escaped with the help of his old General. Robert was his closest friend and someone who Toban had hoped would be named innocent, yet with word of his betrayal, Toban knew he had to kill his old friend. For now, he would search for his queen and daughter.

***

Sitting on his large throne with his eyes closed, Toban waited for his general to come. He was told he had news for Toban.

The sound of the large double oak wood doors opening echoed throughout the room. Taking a deep breath, Toban opened his eyes to gaze at the young man in front of him. Wearing his suit of armour, the general held his head high, his left hand gripping the base of his sword. Stopping in front of Toban, the general bowed down onto one knee.

"My king." He whispered.

Taking a deep breath, Toban nodded his head waiting for him to speak. As if knowing what his king wanted, the man stood to his full height, his blue eyes shining in contrast to the dark room. "We know where your daughter is."

Sitting up straighter on his throne, Toban smirked. "And where is she?"

"Her name is Abagail, my king. She is living with her mother in the village of knights Edge. It's a small town that supplies the Kingdom of Athena with their weaponry." The young general paused as he watched his king take in the information.

"Abagail." Whispered Toban.

Nodding his head, the young general continued. "Yes, my king."

Standing from his throne, Toban walked towards the general. Gripping his black cape, Toban walked down the large steps to the small landing where the general stood. Adverting his gaze from Toban's, the young man continued.

"That's not the only news I have."

"Go on." Toban's voice echoed off the stone walls, causing the young man to lick his dry lips.

"She is a Dragon Rider."

Stopping in front of his general, Toban tilted his head. "She's a what?" He asked in shock.

"She is a Dragon Rider, and a powerful one... My king."

Sighing, Toban turned back to his throne. Silence enveloped the room, a few rogues gazed around wary of their king's fury that was certainly starting to bubble. Sitting back on his throne, a smirk graced Toban's lips.

"More than me?" he questioned.

Opening his mouth a few times, the young man fumbled over his words. "Yes my king."

Beckoning a few rogues over to him, Toban whispered instructions to them. Nodding the rogues made their way down the steps. Once on the landing, they grabbed the general.

"What's going on?" grunted the general.

"Thank you for the information rider. Your work is done... but-." Nodding to one of the rouges, Toban watched as the general's shirt was ripped open revealing his dragon mark. Before the man was able to say anything, the rogue's blade pierced into his skin carving around the riders mark.

Screams echoed around the room, only adding to the king's pleasure. "Your service is no longer needed. Your tittle of general is revoked, and your dragon killed. I want you exiled from my kingdom."

The young man's screams continued to echo around the room before a loud dragons cry seemed to seep through the walls. The cries belonged to the man's dragon.

Leaning back further on his throne, Toban watched the now unconscious rider be dragged out of the throne room. A smirk plastered his face as he thought about the news he was just given.

Rubbing his jaw, his smirk grew. "Abagail my dear daughter, it's time to come home."

The Dragon Rider Vol. 3 Red Moon (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें