Seventeen

RYDERS! Only one more chapter to go and Book Three will be competed! I hope you like this chapter!

***

It had been a few days since we took back the kingdom, and William was still to wake. After I had healed him, Talios and Luca had entered the hall to tell us that the rogues had fallen only to be shocked at William's still figure. Once more help arrived we took him straight to the hospital wing, where Marry cleaned his other wounds. She had tried to question me on how I had healed the gash on his stomach but I refused to answer. No one needed to know, especially her.

Here I sat two days after the fight, beside William's bed. He was now situated in his room with guards on standby at all times. For now, Talios took charge of clearing all the dead bodies and finding housing for all the families to return back to their homes.

Mother was one of them. Yesterday she had arrived at the castle and to say I was happy was an understatement. I was thrilled to see her unharmed and safe, but yet I knew the biggest threat was still around. Yes, we had taken back the kingdom and would finally have the opportunity to take Toban down, but there was still the risk of an attack whilst William was recovering.

Sighing for what felt like the hundredth time that morning, I tightened my grip on his hand. "Come back to me, William."

"I see he is still resting."

Turning at the sudden voice, I felt my body relax at the sight in front of me. "Mother," I whispered.

Smiling, my gaze followed her figure as she made her way towards my side. In her hands was a cup that had steam rising from whatever was inside.

"I thought you might need a drink."

Taking the drink from her, I thanked her, before my eyes turned to gaze at William's resting figure.

Resting her hand on my knee, she gave it a gentle squeeze. "You love him don't you, Abagail."

Nodding my head I felt my lips twitch slightly. I did more than anything. "He's always been there for me... He's the one that gets my blood running hot."

A small chuckle escaped mother's lips, as she pushed my head to rest on her shoulder. "Why don't you go and get some sleep. I'll keep watch over him."

I agreed with her. I had been cooped up in this room since William was moved. I had slept on the chair that I pulled next to his bed, causing my muscles to become stiff. Handing bother the cup, I stood. Taking a deep breath and I took one last look at William and left.

Feeling pressure in the back of my head, I smiled as Aurora's voice soon followed. Is everything alright with the King?

"He is yet to wake," I whispered.

Gazing at the guards that lined the hall, I nodded to one as he bowed my way.

"Princess." He whispered.

Frowning I watched as the guard briskly walked away. That was odd. None of the other guards had called me princess before.

What's wrong Abagail? I can feel your dread.

"Aurora... what do you know of all the guards that have joined us?" I still stood in the hall where the guard left. I was now more afraid of leaving William, I just couldn't break this weird feeling in my chest.

They have all been handpicked by Luca to guard not only the king but you.

It still seemed odd. Why would a guard address me like a princess when I wasn't one? Shaking the thought away I moved towards Talios' room. Just as I went to knock, the door flew open. Standing on the other side, Talios stood with a giggling female. She was wearing a white dress, the first three buttons undone showing her chest slightly. Coughing at the sudden awkwardness, I backed away from the door so the girl could leave.