Seven

"Are you sure that's the best thing to do?" Questioned Talios.

Frowning, William stood taller. I could see by looking at him he was tense. This decision could mean many men would die, and in the worst case, we all die.

Placing his hands on the table, I watched as his eyes glanced once more at the map. "We have no other choice. We have the elves helping us, and Luca has gone back to the Travelers to get aid from them."

Laughing, Talios stood from his chair. "You really think those people will help us?"

"They will if they don't want their kind slaughtered by Toban's men." William wasn't going to let anyone talk him out of it that much I could see, but I was confused I thought Luca had been sent to the holding cells. As the men continued to talk, I knew I would have to confront William about it later.

"When do we leave?" Asked one of the soldiers.

Taking a deep breath, William took a seat. "We leave in two days' time. So I suggest you sharpen up your skills and make sure your weapons are ready."

"What about a funeral for Robert?" I asked. I wanted my father to be sent away properly, not forgotten. He did everything he could to make sure mother and I were protected. I now understood everything he had done was for a reason.

Frowning at me, he spoke. "We will hold a personal farewell tonight. Aurora will be helping."

Lowering my head I nodded. Thinking about all the memories I had with Robert, sent my heart into a frenzy. Taking a deep breath I tried to focus on the task at hand.

***

Later that night, I dressed in my best clothes. I wanted to look good for the departure of my father. Yes, he was my father, not Toban. Robert was there for me when I had stubbed my toe, or when I had cried because I had lost one of his blades. Every time I would cry, he was there to rub my back and tell me things would be okay.

Now standing by the water, I wish so dearly he would come back to hug me and tell me everything would be okay. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath. I could do this.

You are strong Abagail.

Sighing I shook my head. "I can't do this Aurora. I caused him so much pain."

You only brought love to his life when it was dark. I'm sure he never blamed you for your actions.

Clenching my fists I thought back to Noblemen's country. I was so rude to him and I could remember the look on his face when I told him my father died. He genuinely looked upset. My words would've killed him inside.

Opening my eyes I gazed out at the clear blue water. The moon's reflection shone of the surface, with some of the stars twinkling in the light the moon provided. Although it was red, it still looked beautiful.

"It's time."

Turning to the voice, William stood behind me with his hand extended to mine, a sad somber look covering his face. Nodding I placed my hand in his own. It was time for me to say goodbye to the man I would always call my father.

Walking towards a stone pile, I gazed at it with mixed feelings. He was a soldier, a brave one at that. He fought hard for what he believed in, and for that, I wish I could be held in his arms once more. Sighing, I stepped closer to the pile. Kneeling in front of the rock, I lowered my head.

"I'm so sorry for everything," I whispered. Lifting my gaze, I placed my hand on top of the pile. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath.

"May you now rest in peace, Father." A loud roar behind me sent a smile over my face before another dragon joined in. Opening my eyes, I gazed at Torren. He too had his head back and wings spread just like Aurora did.

Standing to my feet, I placed my hand across my chest. It was customary when farewelling the dead. The feeling of warmth around my free hand sent a tingle down my spine, as the person tightened their grip. Gazing at the person from the corner of my eyes, William placed his free hand over his heart in respect.

"May the gods watch over the living and the dead, as we farewell Sir Robert Stone. Leader, soldier, and father."

At his last words, I felt my tears fall. Pulling me into his chest, I let the tears that I was holding flow. All the pain I felt from his disappearance to finding him and now losing him again was too much to handle. A small scream left my lips as I felt my legs start to tremble.

Tightening his hold around me, William whispered soothing words into my ear. "He will be watching over you, Abagail. He was always proud of the women you had become."

***

Sitting on my bed I watched the shadows around the room. Everything was quiet after the ceremony. Most of the riders had gone to sleep, with some practicing their swordsmen ship. William had walked me to my room after we had set Robert's body alight. Mother wished for him to be cremated so Anna couldn't use his body for her army. I agreed. Having Markus back was bad enough, and considering we still had no idea how he was alive nor why the Red moon was still around, meant Anna had something to do with it. Rotating my neck I felt the muscle's pinch and stiffen at my action.

"Are you alright?"

Gazing up at the door, William stood there with a gentle smile on his face. It seemed like he was testing the waters as if waiting for me to tell him to leave. Even if I wanted to I couldn't. There was something about this man that had me wishing for him to stay around me. The way he presented himself around me, had my heart quivering in need. I needed him around, I needed his touch.

Nodding, I stood. "I'm fine."

As if not convinced he stepped closer to me. "You look tired, Abagail."

Smirking, I nodded. "Well, it has been a long day."

Watching the smile vanish from his face, I wondered what was running through his mind. Stepping closer till there was no more room, William placed his hands over my cheeks. His eyes scanned across my face, and even with the red tint in the room his eyes still shone that beautiful shade of blue.

"Why am I always worried about you?" He voiced, but I wasn't sure that was for me to answer.

Opening my mouth to speak, I closed it as his face got closer to mine. His lips paused right near my own, but not close enough to touch. The air in my throat caught as he spoke the next words.

"Maybe because I've fallen madly in love with you." Taking a final glance at me, his lips gently touched my own sending sparks throughout my body. That's when I too realized, I had fallen for the King of Athena.