Five

A/N: warning long chapter ahead. Please excuse any mistakes as I haven't read through it yet. Please be sure to leave a comment!

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Struggling against the strong grip on my forearms, I grunted as I thrash around. I didn't want to go to wherever they were taking me, and I'd put up a fight if I had to. Beside me, Luca struggled against the four rogues holding onto him, their own grunts and groans could be heard as they struggled to keep him in place. For someone who hadn't slept in a few days, he still had his full strength, and right now he was using it all.

Gritting my teeth I eyed the rogue on my left. He was skinner than the other one, and if I played my cards right I'd be able to get out of his hold. Quickly glancing around the room, I noticed we were getting closer to what looked like many cells. Taking the only chance I could, I fell forward faking my collapse.

Shocked, the rogues struggled to grab my dead weight.

"Abagail!" came Luca's shocked response. "What did you do?" He shouted.

The sound of thrashing followed by groans filled my ears, followed by a gentle touch to my cheek. The touch was cold, but the smoothness of the hands I registered straight away. A cold chill ran down my neck, as the feeling of his breath came closer to my ear.

"How you have grown weaker little one."

Trying not to flinch I planned my next move. As his hand stayed I took my chance. Opening my eyes, I thrust my fist into the side of Markus' head. Groaning he fell back.

Jumping to my feet, I turned ready to face the rogues. Before I was able to do anything a searing pain struck me in the side of the head. Grasping my head I groaned in pain. It felt like a hot knife was being slowly pushed into the side of my skull. Resisting the urge to fall to my knees, I squinted my eyes open as best I could.

Standing in front of me with a smirk on his lips, Markus took slow careful steps. Each time his steps got closer the worse the pain got. The sounds of shouting around me slowly filled my ears as the ringing in my ears started to subside.

Holding out his hand, Markus moved it towards the floor. As if I had no control over my own body, my knees buckled from under me. Groaning, I placed my hands on the floor as I gasped for air. The pain felt like it was getting too much to handle, but just like that, it vanished as quickly as it came.

"You really have become weak," Markus mumbled.

Gazing up at him, I now noticed he was only a few inches away from me. Spitting at his feet, I turned my gaze back to glare at him. Glaring down at me, his eyes seemed to burn brighter with some black veins coming up from his neck.

Before I could react, his fist had hit the side of my face causing me to fall to the grungy floor below. The taste of copper entering my mouth took over my senses, as I now registered the warm liquid that dropped from my mouth. Spitting the blood out onto the dirty marble floor, I smirked. "You are the weak one, Markus," I whispered.

"What?"

"You use the power from the red moon to hurt those around you because you know you couldn't beat me without it."

A feral growl escaped his lips. Taking a step towards me with fists raised, I turned to wait for the impact but it never came. Confused I turned to see his eyes focused on someone to my left. Looking in the direction he was gazing, I noticed a man sitting on what looked like a throne with a woman bent down next to him.

Squinting to get a better look, I felt all the blood in my body freeze as the women's eyes caught mine. "Mother?" I whispered. Staggering to my feet, I struggled for breath as my eyes caught sight of all the wounds around her body.