Escaping Hell

(Ruby's POV) -age 13

I was curled up in a ball on my mattress staring off into space when I jump at the sound of banging on my door.

Yang: Dad wants you up and in the kitchen right now!

I sigh and when I left my room I revived a punched to the face by Yang. She kicked me once in the gut before she left.

Limping into the kitchen I start cooking dinner. When I walked by the table with the food Yang tripped me and I spilt it all over Tai and Raven

Tai: You stupid brat!

Raven: You little bitch your dead!

Dad started chocking me. I tried to pry his hands off, but barely eating, constant beatings, and the fresh cuts on my arms left me weak, but before I could pass out he dropped me.

I felt a sharp pain in my back and I turned to see Raven had slashed me. She kicked me in jaw and stabbed me through my left shoulder. She leans down and whisper in my ear.

Raven: I'm gonna enjoy this

Ruby: Pl-Please don't...

She started stabbing and slashing every part of my body. After she got done with that she brought her knife to my face and cut across my left eye.

Ruby: AAAHHHHHH!!!

I rolled around clutching my eye. When I tried to open it all I saw was red. When I looked up at them they all had sinister grins on there faces. Tai grabbed my leg and dragged me outside.

Tai: Can't have you dying in the house so your sleeping outside tonight

He kicked me one last time before he slammed the door shut. I stared into the night sky crying. I felt a cold breeze hit me and I winced when it hit my exposed wounds. I looked around for something to cover myself with but found nothing.

When my eyes landed on the pathway through the forest I became entranced. This was my chance to leave, to escape this prison I call home. Picking myself up I slowly limp down the path.

I don't know how far I got until the blood loss caught up with me causing me to struggle to keep conscious. I tripped on a branch and stumbled to the floor. I Tried to get back up but couldn't find the strength to do it. I couldn't fight anymore.

As I was slipping away I saw a figure walking towards me. With what ever I had left I reached out my hand and pleaded.

Ruby: H-Help me...

Even when I felt it pick me up I couldn't make out the figure.

???: I got you

I could barely make out the voice, but it was still calming. I felt something soft lay on top of me and started to hear it's heartbeat. It was the most calming sound I ever heard. For the first time I felt hope.

(???'s POV)

I was walking through the woods heading to team STRQ's house. They were pretty famous once so they had to have some cool things to steal.

I noticed something on the ground, but it's was to dark to make it out. As I got closer I saw a hand reach out and a faint whisper.

???: H-Help me...

I saw it was a girl who looked about 2 years younger then me. She was cut and bruised all over her body. Even her left eye had a massive gash through it.

I picked up the girl and whispered into her ear.

???: I got you

She started to shiver so I laid my tail over her and brought her up to my chest. She was as light as a feather.

Normally I wouldn't help human's but something about this girl made my mind scream save her. I completely forgot about robbing team STRQ's house and ran back down the path to the nearest hideout.